Ceriani 35mm GP forks, Manual, Parts

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

amartina75

Ceriani 35mm GP forks, Manual, Parts

Postby amartina75 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:16 am

Hello,
I'm trying to rebuild my Ceriani forks so I can sell them :cry: I need the money
I cant find any online manuals for them anywhere or any parts either. does anyone know of a manual or parts diagram for them online anywhere?
also i cant figure out if the bottom of the damper assembly comes off or not. (the part that seats into the fork leg)
the Ceriani damper tube is aluminum which I think is odd, I've never seen that before. usually it is steel and the bottom part is aluminum.
if you heat up the bottom part a bit it will generally fall right off. The Ceriani's seem to be pressed on I'm not sure they will come off.

Does anyone have any of these parts as spares?

Thanks, Aaron
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Eldert

Re: Ceriani 35mm GP forks, Manual, Parts

Postby Eldert » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 am

Hi Aaron

the bottompart should come off . Original there is a rolled pin in there to keep that part on .
in your picture it looks like the pin in removed.

Eldert

Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Aaron,
Not a very good picture, but better than nothing.
ceriani parts drawing1.jpg

Most of those forks went to flat track racers rather than road racers, you could try the classified section here:
http://www.vft.org/vftforsale2.html
The GP forks were common at swap meets for flat trackers, but since Ebay they've disappeared.
Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Storz has wipers and seals but nothing else. All the other places that distributed Ceriani in the states are long gone. The GP forks were original equipment on XR750's until 1970's so Harley had cataloged part numbers. But finding Ceriani parts at a Harley dealer is a long shot.
Matt

amartina75

Postby amartina75 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:02 pm

thanks for your replies,
I've looked all over the net for more information and I can't seem to find any. I can't even find a picture of a set of forks taken apart. the sad thing is I've seen so many sets of these forks sell on ebay with pictures of them apart, but I don't have any of them on my watch list anymore. I've searched everything I can think of and stared at pages and pages of pictures with no results. There has to be thousands of these forks out there I dont know why this is so difficult. I'm just wanting to sell these but i don't like selling things unless i'm sure everything is ok with them.

Rick, thanks for the pic, but that is for adjustable preload forks which mine are not. Surely there is a drawing out there like that for mine but I can't find it.
Eldert, yes i've removed both rollpins but the part fits to the tube so tight that it will not budge at all, if you are sure it is supposed to come off then I cant sell them this way.

the top part twists off easily with the roll pins removed, why would the bottom be a press fit?
another thing that seems odd is there are no rebound springs, is that right? I found one picture on the net of a damper assembly like mine and there was no rebound spring shown either.

thanks, Aaron
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

amartina75

Postby amartina75 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Ok finally got them apart. Cut a bar to fit inside and used a screw to press them apart.
One side came off without too much fight but the other side was a real bitch. It fought all the way off.

Still wondering about the rebound springs
image.jpg
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Aaron

for a clear picture of a GP damperrod have a look at EBay item nr 321370031824 .

a GP fork does not have a top out spring . i have damperrods from Ceriani with top out springs but they are from later forks for disc brakes .

Eldert

amartina75

Postby amartina75 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Eldert,
thanks for the info and the link. it's good to know i'm not missing anything. i think i have them all sorted out now.
Aaron
1966 250 Scrambler
1970 450 Jupiter

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”