Manifold for Dellorto PHF 32

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

jackbiwa

Manifold for Dellorto PHF 32

Postby jackbiwa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:01 am

I’m looking for a manifold to mount a Dellorto PHF 32 or 34 on a Ducati single. It’s aluminum, has a 42mm diameter neck and a 52mm stud spacing. I've attached a picture but I also have it here. http://huisinga.dyndns.org/home/manifold.jpg

I’ve searched every online store I can know of but can’t find one of these manifolds. Can someone point me to a source for one?

Jack
Bainbridge Island, WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eldert

Re: Manifold for Dellorto PHF 32

Postby Eldert » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am

Hi Jack

never seen this manifold before . years ago Malossi made manifolds for the single for a rubber mounted carb .
manifold tapers from 34 to 30 mm .

Eldert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ducadini

Postby Ducadini » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Seems like a standard 900SS item for the rear pot.
That makes it rather rare, You're not the only one looking for it.
I don't have a source, just keep searching at il mostra scambio :-)

ciao
ducadini

graeme

Postby graeme » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Try Phil Hichcock at Road and Race in Australia
Phil had some made a few years ago and has been waiting for more to be made.
They were longer than needed which let you cut them to suit your carb position.

Graeme

jackbiwa

Postby jackbiwa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Yes I had seen from online stores that the 900SS rear manifold looked very close - except that they were for 40mm carbs and I thought that the stud distance was more than 52mm. I'll check with Phil. thanks

ecurbruce

Postby ecurbruce » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi Jack,
Talk to Malcom at Syd's cycles, and see his catalog website, https://sydscycles.wordpress.com/catalog/ .
Click on the green "Syd's Cycles catalog" banner, and look at page eleven. The catalog is a download...(which means you won't see the catalog on his website, it will be in your downloads)
Syd Tunstall made my manifold years ago, when he was still there, but Malcom(Syd's son,) will have what you need, they are a dellorto distributor.

Bruce

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Jack,
I'll attach a photo of a manifold that would meet your specs- the 750SS and 900SS have 58mm stud spacing- the 750GT and 750 Sport have the 52mm spacing you're looking for, but the GT and Sport front manifolds and GT rear are the elbow style, so you want a Sport rear manifold, like this:
sport.JPG

The rear Sport manifold is really hard to find- I have a manifold that looks like a 'cut and shut' job on the elbow style manifold:
manifold.JPG

The GT manifolds are easy to find- cutting the 42mm barrel from the manifold and some time grinding and welding would get you what you need.
Rick

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:57 pm

3D print?

jackbiwa

Postby jackbiwa » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:09 am

I got my new manifold from Phil. It's the rear Sport manifold and it will work as the pictures posted by Rick. It's 33mm which is just right for the 34mm carb I'm fitting. Thanks all for the suggestions. It's still a mystery where my original came from because it is not the sport version. Maybe it's from Syd's but I don't see a picture there.
Jack

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”