Kickstarter gears and parts

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

Kickstarter gears and parts

Postby Bevel bob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:37 pm

I have looked high and low for a parts list that covers the kickstarter , In particuler I am interested in the late 5 speed narrow case and a list giving PART NUMBERS, Does one exist??.

ducwiz

Re: Kickstarter gears and parts

Postby ducwiz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:51 pm

I have a pdf (~12MB), for the 1964 and 1965 Mk3 as well as the 1964 GT, Monza, Mach1, SCR 5speed models. It covers the kickstart mechanism and lists all part numbers. I can send a download link, via sendspace or transferbigfiles.

cheers Hans

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:08 pm

that sounds perfect Hans, all I need is a 10year old to show me what to do!!, I think I have that bigfiles thingummy,nope cant find it, have to get my expert to look into it unless you can advise me

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 am

Bob,

you don't need any software program from those services. You only have to wait for an email from one of them, which means I had uploaded your file for download. The important thing needed in advance is your valid email adress. Please send it to me per PM.

cheers Hans

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 am

I just found an old paper note about the n/c kick start mechanism somewhere in a drawer of my work bench. As it was unclear I searched for "narrow case kickstart" on Motoscrubs and found: http://www.motoscrubs.com/Narrowcase_Kick_Start_Repair/Narrowcase_Kick_Start_Repair.htm. This article indicates that there was a modification of the ratchet mechanism done by the factory, for the later 5speed models! My parts list does not show the corresponding parts !

Hans

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:10 pm

I've drilled and tapped my case for that modification, but won't know if successful until fully assembled. Bought the kit from US eBay.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi Ranton,My bike has the bridge and coil spring I think I may have installed this many years back.I have seen the picture before ,helpfull but no part numbers.

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Here is a page from the french RMT manual:

The figure seems to come from an original parts catalog, which will be discovered some day ...
Fractions of the part numbers are visible, the whole numbers might be rconstructed by referring to those of the old parts versions in the 64/65 catalog.

Hans

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi Hans, that appears to be a widecase which has different starter gear sets with (i think!) more teeth than the narrowcase. So, the search goes on.

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Bob,

sorry, but I'm sure this figure depicts the n/c kick starter mechanisms. The w/c version, which I know precisely, is totally different, the gears are located inside the carters, still inaccessible after opening the primary drive cover:

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”