Falcon 50 Stator

Moderator: ajleone

Megasoma

Falcon 50 Stator

Postby Megasoma » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:40 am

Hello all,

I recently acquired a Ducati Falcon 50 which has some pretty messed up wiring on the stator. I was wondering if anyone has images of the stator that I can use as a reference to fix the wiring. Ive been viewing the manual online and it honestly doesn't show much detail of the stator.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jordan

ajleone

Re: Falcon 50 Stator

Postby ajleone » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:36 pm

There appears to be several "flavors" of the electrical systems for the Falcon 48, 48SL 48 Cacciatore. Below are some pics from the Falcon 50 Instructions and Spare parts catalogue. I have 2 Falcon 50's which I am not sure were entirely 100 percent original nor necessarily Falcon 50's. So here is what I have pulled together so far.

The first 2 images are the diagram and legend for one "flavor" of both parts and wiring. The third and forth are another "flavor" which has a kill switch in the headlight shell. For both of my "Falcons", I have the kill switch in the headlight. The other interesting factor is that for both of my Falcon's, there are 3 wires from the stator, not 2.

Also, both of mine have an ignition coil outside of the engine, as opposed to the internal coil, as shown in the last pic. If you look at Stan Lipert's Sport 48 posting, you can see the spark plug wire comes out of the engine housing, which is what I am calling an internal coil.

I am going to create another post for this set of images and some descriptions.
Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ajleone

Re: Falcon 50 Stator

Postby ajleone » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:52 pm

These pics are from 2 books, a Spare Parts Catalogue for 48, 80, 90 and 100 Cadets, Mountaineers, SL and Falcon.

The one correlation I have drawn is that the later series 2-stroke engines that have the internal shroud and fan on the flywheel, have a 3-wire stator and external ignition coil. I would love to hear if anyone has a bike with cooling shroud and internal ignition coil.

Although in the previous post, there are 2 flavors of Falcon 48 both appear to have CEV components, the ones for 48SL and 80/90/100 have both CEV and Aprilia components.
Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “2-Stroke Ducatis”