My Sport 48 time to rebuild!

Moderator: ajleone

Ventodue

Re: My Sport 48 time to rebuild!

Postby Ventodue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:13 pm

A63buggy wrote: I was in Montpellier last fall! Thank you that answers a lot of my questions.

Ah! 'tis a small world ... ;). No worries for the help - that's the beauty of the Tinternet, and of this Forum in particular (big thanks, Jim!).

A63buggy wrote: Let me know if you find a place to upload that owners manual. Maybe it's possible to load the manual to the thread on this forum that has the other bikes manuals loaded.

For the manual, try this link:
https://ducrappi.sharefile.com/d/s00c3d7daeb94912b

I'll leave the administrators to make the decision whether to upload it to the site :) .

A63buggy wrote:A detailed parts list would do most all I need, short of torq specs for engine bolts. You are right about the fork top tubes. I need to see what the difference is in the bolt attachments for the bottom tubes

Hopefully someone (Tony, Bob, Kev, Jim, Eldert, Nigel, ano ...?) will be able to help with the torque for the engine bolts. For the forks, take Tony's advice - he knows way more than I do!

A63buggy wrote:Struggling so hard in my head about how to do something for the frame, but not make it to shiny so it still goes with the tanks patina. But the frame is really bad enough I should do something so it doesn't fully rust out.

I hear you. The frame is important. A good painter, i.e. someone used to doing restoration work, should be able to do you something for the frame which won't look too new and garish. Ask around ...

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm

A63buggy wrote: Do we need to mail you a sponge or some soap?

:D.

(Mean, but good!)

A63buggy

Postby A63buggy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 am

Rims- opinions? My originals are 19x1.35 as I am a European model but considering 18" as it's the only size tires I've found with original style tread.

I can get Crome easy enough here but considering aluminum and so far I have found 18x1.2 18x1.4. And the most narrow in 19x1.6 I am guessing that tires that fit a 1.6 wide would likely be to wide for fenders.

Any thoughts about the aluminum options or just stick with Crome original?

A63buggy

Postby A63buggy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:20 pm

image.jpg

So, went the route of reprinting the frame. It needed it badly. But love the patina of the tank and fenders to much to reprint them. So trying to keep the clean up balanced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Could you measure the heigh of the top fork shroud for me ? The set I have are setup for handlebars and I believe the ones designed for clipons are shorter with the slot for the lower triple tree clamp closer tot he bottom of the shroud. The picture shows mine, which are 285mm tall with the bottom of the "slot" for the lower clamp is 130mm from the bottom of the shroud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A63buggy

Postby A63buggy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Mine are shorter. Just enough for the clip ons. 265mm

image.jpg

Return to “2-Stroke Ducatis”