Ducati MK3 Seat

Moderator: ajleone

Pugwash

Ducati MK3 Seat

Postby Pugwash » Fri May 12, 2023 5:31 am

Hi,
Would anybody in the UK have a Widecase MK3 seat base or seat that they would be willing to part with?
Many thanks
Mark

Jon Pegler

Re: Ducati MK3 Seat

Postby Jon Pegler » Mon May 15, 2023 2:30 pm

What year widecase seat?
The early widecase Mk 3 seats had a longer base than the later blue/gold seats.
Where in the UK are you?

Jon

Pugwash

Postby Pugwash » Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 pm

Hi Jon,

I wanted to use it on a 350 scrambler. I reckon the bikes around 1970 but ended up being registered as a 73. I'm not worried about originality as I'll keep the scrambler seat but just wanted something a bit longer.
I live in Perthshire,Scotland.

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Tue May 16, 2023 8:20 am

Hi Mark,
To fit a Mk 3 seat to a Scrambler frame would involve lowering the rear mudguard and cutting off the central mudguard supporting loop from the frame.
I seem to remember that the two front prongs on the frame, that support the seat are in a slightly different position on a Scrambler compared to a Mark 3.
Is this what you are intending to do?
It's not just a straightforward substitute one seat for another.
Is your bike a genuine Italian Scrambler or a Spanish Road model, because the Road seat mounting is different again, with three different seat mounting locations.
Jon

Pugwash

Postby Pugwash » Tue May 16, 2023 5:37 pm

Hi Jon,
I have no intention of altering the bike in any way. I'm quite handy at making bits up and altering parts so could probably modify a seat base to fit. The bike itself is an Italian scrambler. I bought it just when it had been bought into the UK from Italy about 7 or 8 years ago. I had to register it which is a story in itself but eventually the Vintage Motorcycle Club came to the rescue. I've gone through it but haven't restored it. It runs and rides really well. I changed the gearing for something more suitable for the road and also the handlebars to something a bit lower than the standard ones. It's a great little bike and I have every intention of using it as much as I can.If the MK3 seat won't go on then I'll leave it as it is. If you pm me an email address I'll send you some photos. I'm not great with a computer so have no idea how to post photos onto the forum.

Return to “Classifieds: Ducati Parts/Accessories wanted or for sale”