Ducati Forza rear Brake master cylinder

Moderator: ajleone

Fasttrack

Ducati Forza rear Brake master cylinder

Postby Fasttrack » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:49 pm

I am looking for a Ducati Forza rear Brake master cylinder , if you have one would be interested in buying , or does anyone know if can still buy a replacement new one , please let me know if can help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ventodue

Re: Ducati Forza rear Brake master cylinder

Postby Ventodue » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:57 pm

Hopefully, Jon Pegler will come along soon, but in the meanwhile ...

When the AJP rear m/c on my Vento failed, I followed Jon's advice and replaced it with a Brembo unit

Here's what Jon said. Note what he wrote at the end about Forzas:

"Most early Ventos had 12mm Brembo master cylinders fitted front and rear, with the AJP cylinders being fitted later.
I've never had to repair an AJP unit, as I've always had Brembo cylinders on my bikes. Jesus Loriente at Recambio Usado in Spain sells some AJP repair kits, although whether they will fit a Vento I am not sure.

Failing that, the 12mm Brembo unit fitted to the Parallel Twins was identical to the Brembo cylinder fitted to the Vento and they come up for sale fairly often, so should not be too hard to find.

I've also fitted the larger 15mm rear master cylinder from a Moto Guzzi to a couple of Forzas without any problems. They usually come with the low fluid sensor in the filler cap, but I just discarded that in favour of a plain one."

HTH - and thanks, as always, to Jon.

Craig

Fasttrack

Re: Ducati Forza rear Brake master cylinder

Postby Fasttrack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:54 pm

Thanks craig for post
I have found a original old stock ajp master cylinder and have purxhased , hopefully problem may now maybe solved with brake failing

Best Regards

Return to “Classifieds: Ducati Parts/Accessories wanted or for sale”