Silencer Bracket for Mototrans Strada or Forza

Moderator: ajleone

Duccout

Silencer Bracket for Mototrans Strada or Forza

Postby Duccout » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:08 am

Hi,

A long shot, but I'm looking for the above, surface condition immaterial.

Thanks,

Colin

Ventodue

Re: Silencer Bracket for Mototrans Strada or Forza

Postby Ventodue » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:41 am

While it looks like a PT or Dramah one, Colin, I see they have different part numbers (0755.** for PT/Dramah vs. 0977.** for the Strada).

AND I seem to remember Jon saying they ain't the same.

Strada exhaust.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:30 am

The silencer brackets for the Strada/Forza are the same as the 860 and the parallel twin regardless of the part numbers.
I have run out of spare brackets but they do come up for sale.
I did buy a few from Steve Allen at Bevel Heaven. I think they were NOS from the remains of Domiracer's stock.
He may still have some as they are not a very sought after part.
His had a part number of 0755 84 050 for the RH bracket.
Is your existing bracket not repairable? They are very prone to fracturing. I've welded many up in the past.
I'm not sure but the Darmah brackets may be different depending on whether Silentium or Lafranconi silencers are fitted.
Craig would probably know more about that than me.

Just looked on Bevel Heaven site. Steve Allen lists the RH exhaust bracket for $22.07
Jon

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Thank you for the replies Craig and Jon, I never thought that the brackets from a Darmah or 860 might fit, although I found some P/T left hand brackets in Spain, obviously all the right-hand ones had been snapped up by Strada and Forza owners. I will look into it. My bracket had been welded and then welded again very crudely so I binned it and made one out of SS plate, but it is not strong enough.

I do have a spare Silentium bracket in the garage somewhere, wouldn't it be funny if it fitted......

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:29 am

Jon Pegler wrote:The silencer brackets for the Strada/Forza are the same as the 860 and the parallel twin regardless of the part numbers.

Ah ha! There you go! Thanks Jon :) .

Jon Pegler wrote:I'm not sure but the Darmah brackets may be different depending on whether Silentium or Lafranconi silencers are fitted. Craig would probably know more about that than me.

Nah, me I knows nuttin' about them horrid Silentium boat anchors 8-)

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:07 am

No the Silentium brackets do not fit. The Lafranconi brackets have quite complex bends and are way longer than they could have been, actually bolting on almost underneath, no wonder they crack!

Return to “Classifieds: Ducati Parts/Accessories wanted or for sale”