250 Desmo for sale

Buy, sell, trade, Ducati motorcycles only. This is an "Opinion Free Zone". No unsolicited comments please. Email subscription available.

Moderator: ajleone

veloduke

250 Desmo for sale

Postby veloduke » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:26 am

Right side small.jpg

Left side small.jpg

I am reluctantly selling my 250 Desmo.
Why am I selling? Well my bones and joints are complaining at the riding position, so I ride rather more upright now.
The V5C in my name shows the date of registration as 27/3/1975. It is tax and MOT free. The V5C shows that the bike has had 4 former keepers.
I bought the bike on the 10/1/2020.
Since then I have rebored the engine and fitted an Omega forged piston. I have also fitted an Electrex 120W alternator. Some rewiring was done to fit a proper ignition switch and a new dip/horn switch.
It was fitted with Smiths instruments when bought; I had the speedo sent for repair, but found the instruments were vague, so bought some CEV items to replace them.
New tyres (Roadriders) and tubes have been fitted, along with rear brakes shoes; the rear drum was skimmed. It has been fitted with a 7” Lucas headlamp. I added an ignition switch and a new dip switch. I have fitted a K&N air filter.
The paintwork is not immaculate having some chips and wear, I guess it would be called patina. The seat has had repair, but is OK to use. I have a new replacement fibreglass moulding, seat frame and seat trim that will come with the bike.
The mileage on the speedo showed 9519 when I bought the bike. I cannot confirm if this is genuine. I have ridden about 2000 miles with no issues.
Viewing welcome.
£7250 ono
07483 879080
Glos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

Max

graeme

Re: 250 Desmo for sale

Postby graeme » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:23 am

Hello Max,
Nice motorcycle, it won't take long to sell at that price.
I know how an old body feels.
Good luck with your sale.
Regards
Graeme

veloduke

Re: 250 Desmo for sale

Postby veloduke » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:17 am

Thanks Graeme

My riding position is more upright now although I still like the 24H, its riding position is less extreme than the desmo's.

Shame, but old age doesn't come alone :(
Cheers

Max

Return to “Classifieds: Ducati motorcycles wanted or for sale”