Torque settings for 450 cylinder head

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

rospo

Torque settings for 450 cylinder head

Postby rospo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:15 am

The subject says it all. I have looked through my Haynes manual, and unless I am stupider than I thought I was, I can't find the torque settings for the four head bolts. Can anyone help please?

Jordan

Re: Torque settings for 450 cylinder head

Postby Jordan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 am

Tighten it until it starts to strip, then back off half a turn.
Seriously, using a normal sized ring spanner, do it up as tight you would for any 10mm bolt to get it nice and firm, progressively in tje usual criss-cross pattern. I don't think Ducati specified torque settings for them.

Jordan

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:12 pm

By: rospo...
" I can't find the torque settings for the four head bolts. Can anyone help please? "

____ It's the same as for all the other OHC Duke-models with 10mm-bolts... 28-FT/LBs.
__ For best care of the actual torque-down process,
after snugging-down each bolt (up to near 10-FT/LBs), then tighten each bolt about 2-FT/LBs at a time -(before moving-on to the next bolt in sequence), and after reaching 22-FT/LBs for each bolt, then do each one only 1-FT/LB at a time until each of all 4 bolts have gradually been sequentially tightened-down up-to the 28-FT/LB setting. _ (Certainly no higher than 30-FT/LBs !)
The recommended process-pattern to be (more importantly) followed during the suggested 2 & 1 FT/LB procedure-steps, begins with the right-front bolt,, then next, the left-rear bolt,, next, the right-rear bolt,, then last, the left-front bolt,,
then sequentially repeat that same procedure-pattern, again further torquing-down the right-front, etc.
__ It ought to go without saying that ALL the involved threads should first be totally clean of any particles which may otherwise interfere with proper torquing (and of-course also thread-health).

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

rospo

Postby rospo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Great! Thanks for your help.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”