Old Ducati pics from back in the day

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

dav

Old Ducati pics from back in the day

Postby dav » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

I came across a few old single Ducati pics from years gone by, which i thought you guys might enjoy.

Davin.

joe46ho

Re: Old Ducati pics from back in the day

Postby joe46ho » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Love the "sissy bar" in the first one, lol... I dont think Ive ever seen one that long. You would have to watch out for low power lines with that one :D
The second one is really cool, nice motorcycle... who says harley guys get all the chicks :D
Too many projects to list...
12 Ducati singles currently

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

We all worry about driving one headlight and this guy on the chopper has two headlights! Is that a Silentium on the chopper? If he could raise the carb inlet a few feet more the bike could be driven across a lot of rivers without a bridge.

Great photos!

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Dav
great pics. other than back in the day, do they have any personal connection?

Mike

dav

Postby dav » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 am

MotoMike wrote:Dav
great pics. other than back in the day, do they have any personal connection?

Mike

No Mike, i was just searching through some vintage/classic pics on the web & i came across them.

Davin.

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:38 am

Davin
too bad, I was hoping to live vicariously through those who traveled before us. But in that case I suggest that they are ripe for crafting our own interesting back stories. I'll go first

Here is my uncle Frank who was sadly caught between two eras. His favorite movies "Rebel Without a Cause" and "Easy Rider" formed his world view.

joe46ho

Postby joe46ho » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 am

Jim, I believe this particular silencer is known as a "ciliegia bomba" or cherry bomb in america... :mrgreen:
Don't ask me why, but just for grins, I would love to hear how that thing sounded...
I have only seen one other "ducati chopper" and I almost (should have) bought it.... A complete 350 w/c for $700, in running condition... It was (no joke) pink/metal flake. It had a raked frame, and hard tail...But just the engine and a few other save-able pieces would have been worth the $700.
For kicks, I'll post a couple pics I found on the web...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Too many projects to list...
12 Ducati singles currently

Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Here is a picture that does have a story. This is my dad in 1967 at Carnegie Hill Climbs. Note the cool rooster tail and the ultimate riding gear. Your best tee shirt and a pair of gloves. This bike raced Barstow to Vegas and several RidgeCrest hare and hounds as well. It is alive and running great today as a Cafe racer that i restored it to last year.

Mike Mc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scrambler on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

machten

Postby machten » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Now that is what I'd call some serious provenance! Brilliant! :)

Kev

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”