Wide Case Parts manual available on-line

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

Wide Case Parts manual available on-line

Postby JimF » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Well, to be honest it probably has been available on-line for years on other websites, but the significant drawback for me was the navigation which involved loading a parts book page blindly and then moving on to the next page over and over again to find a page of specific interest.

Using a CoolIris Wall, Tony Leone and I have put the Wide Case Parts Manual into a more user-friendly format for web browsing:

http://www.motoscrubs.com/Wide_Case_Parts_Manual_CI.htm

Using the CoolIris Wall, you can quickly pan across diagram thumbnails to find the one you need and then expand it to fit your screen by clicking on it.

The CoolIris Wall is best viewed in "Full Screen" mode, and unfortunately the people at CoolIris have not implemented a way to launch a page in full screen mode from the onset. Right-click your mouse and select "Full Screen."

It's easy to scroll through the parts book pages visually, and your mouse wheel can zoom you in and out of the wall to make the panning process even faster and easier.

If you maximize a diagram of interest, you can slip one page to the right where the part number and desicription is contained using the arrow keys at the bottom of the screen.

If you like this, extend you heartfelt thanks to Tony Leone whe digitized that book (no small task.)

Tony and I plan to add the narrow case parts book, and then possibly some other manuals (not under copyright protection of course) in the future.

Jim Franzen

fmcd92

Re: Wide Case Parts manual available on-line

Postby fmcd92 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Very nice but have you tried opening this with a Mac browser like 'Safari"?

I get a rather disappointing black square, that's it-that's all.

All the best, singles aficionados

FM

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Nice job, Jim and Tony!

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:53 pm

fmcd92 wrote:Very nice but have you tried opening this with a Mac browser like 'Safari"?

I get a rather disappointing black square, that's it-that's all.

Works like a champ for me. iMac, system 10.5.8, Safari 4.0.4

Control+ click for the full screen option

It does take a little while (a couple seconds) to load with a cable modem, have you got high speed internet?

A little while = a couple seconds. Sweet. I don't miss the days of dial up modems one bit. (no pun intended)

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:03 pm

"DesmoDog" was able to use Safari on a MacBook to view the photo page which is also being converted to a CoolIris Wall.

My iPhone has Safari and it will NOT display the wall, but then I figured that was a function of the iPhone and its small screen area.

The wall is supposed to be compatible with Safari 3.1 to 4.0+ (3.1 and OS X Leopard - Safari 4 on OS X Leopard and OS X Snow Leopard.)

I am clueless about OS systems and support. CoolIris offers this site with some downloads:

http://www.cooliris.com/

However, I thought that the embedded wall meant that the person visiting the site did not need to download any software, save for maybe having Flash Player which is very commonly needed for graphical websites.

I don't mean to make anyone download extra software on to their system and I will understand if you don't. However this is in my opinion the best enhancement to web browsing for photos, graphics and that I have ever seen.

Most people have access to several computers, one at work, one at home, one at the library, etc. You might want to view the parts book on another computer to gauge if you want to download a CoolIris application on your personal machine.

Thanks for trying to look at it.

Jim

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:10 am

I am using an old Mac ibook with OS 10.3.9 and Firefox v,2.0.0.20. If I try to view full screen I get redirected to a download Cooliris page that says "Cooliris is not supported on this browser.'

Is that an excuse to buy a new MacBook Pro? :D
1970 450 SCR

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 am

It also works on my MacBook with the same version of Firefox...

OS 10.4.11

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:17 pm

DesmoDog wrote:It also works on my MacBook with the same version of Firefox...

OS 10.4.11

Hmmm, must be an OS issue then.
1970 450 SCR

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”