Website change to photo page

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

JimF
Site Admin

Website change to photo page

Postby JimF » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:43 pm

I am trying something new with the photo page by embedding a Cool Iris photo wall:

http://www.motoscrubs.com/Duc_Photos_CI.htm

You shouldn't have to download Cool Iris, but you may need to have a recent version of FlashPlayer installed on your machine.

It works best if you right-click your mouse and select "full screen."

I am a hack when it comes to developing a website, so I don't know how well this is going to work across PC/MAC platforrms, operating systems or across web browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, etc.)

This is just a test. If enough people like this photo page format I will add more photos and more descriptive labels. If you want your Ducati Single on the page email the picture to:

photos@motoscrubs.com

Jim Franzen

DesmoDog

Re: Website change to photo page

Postby DesmoDog » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Seems to run fine on my Macbook running Safari...

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:14 pm

I like it - very cool for browsing photos. I'll send you some.

One other thought - should we consider creating a repository for photos, manuals and other such information ?

Tony

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:52 pm

I would like to do the brochures on a wall much the same as the photo images, and when I think about it the manuals might do well on a wall as well so you could page back and forth fast to find a page of interest.

As for"manuals" I am sure the copyrights are strongly enforcable on things like the Haynes and Clymer manuals. But the Ducati parts book has been photocopied and reproduced, as has the original Ducati repair book and I would think the website could host these. Any attorneys out there that care to offer advice please do.

The major impediment is time, as scanning several hundred pages is a time conusming process. I will start soon though in the hopes of making the website more robust. I think having the exploded parts diagram on-line would be a nice start. It may already be out there on-line, but it would be nice to have it on a wall where the pages of interest could be isolated more quickly.

I have a narrow-case version and I think a widecase version, or perhaps the widecase version is the narrowcase book with an addendum.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”