Sebring ID

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

AMMO CHIEF

Sebring ID

Postby AMMO CHIEF » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:40 am

Hello all, Just picked up what I believe is a 1966 Sebring 350 n/c. The data plate shows a "196" and the fork lower has a date stamp of 4 / 66, it has the square headlight and the two prongs under the seat which leads me to believe its a 1966 model. The data plate also has an "S" after 350 but not on the case. After searching sites and lists, I don't see any that have that marking. Any ideas what the "S" denotes or does it just reflect the Sebring model? Appreciate any thoughts/info.

Thanks

BK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AMMO CHIEF on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Sebring ID

Postby JimF » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:43 am

Welcome to the forum.

An uploaded picture of the motorcycle will help greatly and will probably get a lot of responses.

Jim

AMMO CHIEF

Postby AMMO CHIEF » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:17 am

Thanks Jim, Just added a couple of pics to original post.
BK

Dave354

Postby Dave354 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:41 pm

Hi and welcome. What a great find. It looks very original and complete. I have a 67 Sebring, forks marked 3/67 my VIN tag was missing so have had to replicate one. Not sure about the ‘s’ mark after 350, I would agree it may be to denote ‘Sebring’. The last number of the year looks like it was never stamped. I think this was common as the date first registered couldn’t be determined until it was sold and was just forgotten by the dealer?
Good luck with the restoration and I’m sure any questions will be authoritatively answered here!
Regards
Dave
Sebring 350 based Ducati
Triumph Tiger 1200
Cornwall, UK

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”