Holiday Greetings 2023

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

bw_nh

Holiday Greetings 2023

Postby bw_nh » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Good morning -

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2023! Thank you all for being a part of my daily routine. Each morning, I read the local newspaper, spend 10 minutes on "Duolingo”, do the Wordle… and check for for recent postings on this board. I don't contribute much writing to this board, but... I do enjoy the reading. It is always a source of pleasure to read about fixes - and while my own Ducatis are now tucked away in the barn... it encourages me to think about spring-time.

But back to the 2023 photograph... https://lotus-cortina.com/cards/2023.jpg

This was created at our camp in Acworth on Thanksgiving day, late afternoon. My goal for the camp, was to insulate the plumbing, so that Laurel, Rusty and I could be there with running water, for that Thanksgiving weekend, and... we made it! However, the water line from the lake froze the very next Saturday night. Ah well. Next year, I will try to keep the water flowing until Christmas. Maybe bury the line deeper... maybe an internal electric heat-line... we will see.

Other years' images are found here -

https://lotus-cortina.com/cards/card-pics.htm

The 2023 thumbnail is the bottom row, third from the left. All previous years’ click-able thumbnail images bring up cards from those years.

LOTS of hard copies of this year's photo were mailed out- if any of you want to be on the postal list for NEXT year, and receive a hard copy, send me your mailing address. Off-list.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Sincerely,

Bob Woolner
Hillsboro, New Hampshire USA

Duccout

Re: Holiday Greetings 2023

Postby Duccout » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Hi Bob,

Yes, this place is a clubhouse with a warm atmosphere.

Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Cheers,

Colin

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:13 am

Have a warm and comfortable Xmas, followed by a healthy 2024 for you and yours. Bill

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:57 am

Festive greetings, fellow Ducati singles enthusiasts!
2023 has marked my old Scrambler returning to service after some 40+ years of neglect. The restoration gave me many challenges, mechanical, electrical and administrative and I surprised myself what I could achieve with the help and support of this forum. My thanks to you all for both direct help and advice, and for all the background reading that gave me the confidence to tackle the project.
I've managed to get about 150km under the tyres so far, and the running-in is going well. However I'm not yet happy that the carburettor tuning is optimised yet, so that will be my next focus in the new year.
Cheers,
Al

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi Al,

Good to hear that you have got some miles under the wheels. I can't remember now where we got to on your carb issues, but did you check the fuel height in the float bowl?

Cheers,

Colin

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:26 pm

bw_nh wrote:Good morning -

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2023! Thank you all for being a part of my daily routine. Each morning, I read the local newspaper, spend 10 minutes on "Duolingo”, do the Wordle… and check for for recent postings on this board. I don't contribute much writing to this board, but... I do enjoy the reading. It is always a source of pleasure to read about fixes - and while my own Ducatis are now tucked away in the barn... it encourages me to think about spring-time.

But back to the 2023 photograph... https://lotus-cortina.com/cards/2023.jpg

This was created at our camp in Acworth on Thanksgiving day, late afternoon. My goal for the camp, was to insulate the plumbing, so that Laurel, Rusty and I could be there with running water, for that Thanksgiving weekend, and... we made it! However, the water line from the lake froze the very next Saturday night. Ah well. Next year, I will try to keep the water flowing until Christmas. Maybe bury the line deeper... maybe an internal electric heat-line... we will see.

Other years' images are found here -

https://lotus-cortina.com/cards/card-pics.htm

The 2023 thumbnail is the bottom row, third from the left. All previous years’ click-able thumbnail images bring up cards from those years.

LOTS of hard copies of this year's photo were mailed out- if any of you want to be on the postal list for NEXT year, and receive a hard copy, send me your mailing address. Off-list.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Sincerely,

Bob Woolner

Cheers Bob. Which language are you learning with Duolingo?
Ian

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:33 pm

Duccout wrote:Hi Al,

Good to hear that you have got some miles under the wheels. I can't remember now where we got to on your carb issues, but did you check the fuel height in the float bowl?

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin, thanks for asking.
I still have an odd combination of rich running (black plug and smoky exhaust - but not burning oil as far as I can tell) and needing the choke for smooth idling and low speed running. The engine starts easily, cold or hot, and runs well without the choke at larger throttle openings.
Of course, I'm still running-in so can't run flat-out yet.
I haven't yet checked the fuel height in the float bowl, but I have checked the float height when the float needle seats. Amal carbs sit at an angle on these engines so it's not easy to check fuel height directly.
Small adjustments to the pilot air screw and idling speed on every outing are certainly improving things, but until running-in is completed it's difficult to fully diagnose and adjust. A further complication is that my first-fill of the tank was alkylated petrol, not normal road petrol, so as that gets diluted over time the running characteristics might change. Again, more miles needed to work out whether that is an issue.
Cheers,
Al

bw_nh

Postby bw_nh » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:06 pm

Good afternoon Ian (and group)-

At the moment, I am using Duolingo for Spanish. A few years ago, i visited Cuba (relatively difficult from the USA), and started learning for THAT trip. I have kept it up since - perhaps for another visit there some day. We'll see.

Sincerely,

Bob Woolner

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”