New Single

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

jezza

New Single

Postby jezza » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:47 pm

I'm only posting this as I am surprised that it hasn't been mentioned on this forum that I am aware of.

https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/news/ducat ... d-engines/

Quite exciting news. Although not as beautiful as a bevel.

graeme

Re: New Single

Postby graeme » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:50 am

It's about time,,,,,,
Just wish I was younger (and richer)

Graeme

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:12 am

I don't have any interest in Ducati as a company these days; as a dinosaur I am way too old to find any of their products attractive, and all of the marketing trinkets that they sell leave me cold. There is a shop in Sliema in Malta that only sells the paraphernalia - pens, key rings, scarves - stuff that shows how fashionable you are.

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago I was on holiday in Majorca and parked in the front of our favourite restaurant was a Ducati 950. I asked the owner if it was his, and he said that it was his wife's! His daughter also rode a motorcycle.

Cheers,

Colin
Last edited by Duccout on Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:40 am

Sorry to say, but I'm with Colin on this.

The only connection that I see between today's company and the old one is the name on the tank.

I'll be delighted if you can show me I'm mistaken.

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:28 am

Royal Enfield have shown what can be achieved in sales success by trading on their heritage and I would have loved to see Ducati do the same, but whether they would have been successful....... Enfield were lucky in that their blue print was an old, unglamorous plodder and their bikes are very low priced, so were bought by people who appreciated that type of bike and have nothing to prove, whereas Ducati are marketed as a performance brand.

Cheers,

Colin

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”