A Newbie from Downunder

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: A Newbie from Downunder

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 pm

" One thing I noticed in the hundreds of pictures I've seen is that they all seem to sit at different heights when on the stands. despite the stands appearing to be the same, some have thier rear wheel touching the ground and some have it as much as 3 inches off the ground. "

____ It would probably be better to make the judgement of the height/lift, with a yard/meter-stick placed next to the rear-end of each bike,, cuz they each may have a different length of shocks and/or tire-size, which of course may be responsible for any difference in the space between the bottom of the rear-tire & ground-level.

Dukaddy-DUKEs,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Bob is quite right.
Different wheel sizes and different shock absorbers will be quite noticable, as well as fork springs that have taken on a set and are shorter than original.
There are a few different stands for the narrowcase machines, be they 160, 250 etc. as well as scrambler and some of the Spanish bikes.
Also, widecase centre stands come in three different lengths depending on which size front wheel is fitted or if it is for the scrambler. The scrambler ones are particularly prone to bending just below the pivot which makes them sit a bit lower.
Lots of scope for Ducati singles to all look a bit different when parked.

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:32 pm

thanks guys that all makes sense. I had considered the tire and shock difference but hadn't realized that there were 3 different stands for the W/C models.

Mike

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”