Where to buy cables for non clipon handlebars

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

mrkprsn

Where to buy cables for non clipon handlebars

Postby mrkprsn » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:17 pm

Hi, I can't find throttle, choke, front brake or clutch cables for the the non clipon (Hi Rise) handle bars. I have super practic throttles and UB and SSI carbs. Does anyone know anyone that sells these? Thanks, Mark

Jordan

Re: Where to buy cables for non clipon handlebars

Postby Jordan » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:24 am

You might be lucky, as you have the Super Pratic throttle.
These were designed to use a solderless nipple, although many choose to use a soldered nipple for extra reliability.
However, when I've used them as intended, I don't remember having problems with it.
So, if you can find or re-purpose a throttle cable of enough length, some simple surgery to obtain required dimensions (inner & outer) and you could get away with a perfectly serviceable throttle cable, with no soldering needed.
If you need ferrules for the ends of the outers, these can be obtained from cable suppliers.

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:03 am

Ducati Vintage in Italy sells them all.

Cheers,

Colin

graeme

Postby graeme » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:47 am

Correct Collin,
They sell a cable kit with all the scrambler cables

Graeme

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:02 am

Aye mrkprsn,

If you are in the UK, I would recommend speaking with Venhill to see if they have a "Scrambler" cable set ready made. Alternatively, purchase the components from them and make up the cables yourself.

LINK: Venhill_website_link

Vehicle Wiring Products also supply a range of cable components that is not quite as extensive, but nonetheless of good quality.

LINK: Vehicle_Wiring_Products_website_link

Good health, Bill

IanHood

Postby IanHood » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:52 am

Nigel Lacey has put together cable kits (Venhill supplied I believe) that cover all bar heights - https://laceyducati.com/ducati-parts/cables-c-174_307/

mrkprsn

Postby mrkprsn » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Thanks for the responses. I should have mentioned these will be used on high rise handle bars that are not Scramblers. In the US Sebring, Monza, Mark3 Monza Jr. and even Mach 1 are found with high bars. I think one cable length would fit all those models.

It looks like I am going to try the universal cables from Lacey. I have to order other parts from them. I am OK with having the adjustable end at the throttle. My big concern is having the right size ferrule at the carb end.

Ducati Vintage has a kit consisting of all the cable for a Scrambler which I don't have. I need to order more throttle/choke cables than brake and clutch. The standard clipon clutch cable also works as the front brake cable, so I can use that.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”