Solutions to replace original rectifier

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

mrkprsn

Solutions to replace original rectifier

Postby mrkprsn » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 am

Hi, As the title states, looking to replace my rectifier. I want to keep everything as original as possible.

Has anyone rebuilt the original rectifier. Is there anything that goes wrong with it besides the power diodes?

Are there any solutions that don't involve swapping out other components of the bike?

Does anyone know about the Ducati 6v Lambretta rectifier? Is it dual half wave?
https://scooterrestorations.com/product ... fier-6v-dc

Thanks, Mark

Duccout

Re: Solutions to replace original rectifier

Postby Duccout » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:02 am

Hans?

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:11 pm

Aye Mark, if it's anything like the Moto Morini 125H components :shock: it'll be a can of worms! :evil: Nobody appears to actually know "What? or How?" some of the "replacement" components perform and the majority appear to be made from inferior materials, likely to rapidly fail! :evil:

Just because it is moulded into the case "Ducati" or advertised as a "Ducati 6v Lambretta rectifier", I would be very wary of it's manufacturing provenance.

Personaly, I would go for a 6v Electrex upgrade, using components of known quality and reliability, as much as electrickery components can be relied upon! :twisted:

Good health, Bill

mrkprsn

Postby mrkprsn » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:44 am

Thanks Bill. I think I am going to go with the Lacey Ducati rectifier. I like the fact that it is a replacement for the actual Ducati rectifier, not a generic product. I really like that they have the brown wire charge light capability.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”