Not a Ducati bevel Single

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

George

Not a Ducati bevel Single

Postby George » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:30 pm

Pleased to say my Elite and 350 Road have been running well this summer and have had empty bike lift.
Having spare time on my hands I have re-discovered just how much rubbish there is on television and had to buy another project.
1961 Mondial Nova 125cc . Should keep me occupied.
As most of you will know Fabio Taglioni designed a race winning motorcycle for Mondial before moving to Ducati
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Essex UK

blethermaskite

Re: Not a Ducati bevel Single

Postby blethermaskite » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:47 pm

George, Very pretty little bike, is it a runner? don't know about you but I would never "restore" that, its so much more real just the way it is :).
Just about anything can be restored nowadays but it would be nearly impossible to recreate the way that looks now.......as they say "its only original once" .......good luck with it whatever you do, great find :)
Cheers,
Other George

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:59 am

Italian lightweights are always interesting. I wonder what the spares situation is like?

Cheers,

Colin

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:20 am

Nice bit of kit George, looks like the bike lift will be unoccupied for even longer, as I would just ride and enjoy it. But then that is assuming (dangerous!) that the electrics are still functional! :twisted:

Good health, Bill

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:42 am

I've had a bit of a deviation too - 1937 Rudge Rapid 250. I don't have a photo on this computer, but it wasn't quite as good as the photos led me to believe!
After some fiddling about, I seem to be homing in on a technique to start it and managed a 10 mile ride on Saturday afternoon. Previously I'd stayed within "push it home" distance but you have to grasp the nettle eventually...
Next challenge is what to sell. We have a "one in - one out" policy so it's either my little Ducati or the Guzzi 1000SP.
The fellow I got it from spent my cash on a Parilla - he has a "one out - one in" policy!
Ian

George

Postby George » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:56 am

Thanks for the comments.
Other George
Bike is not a runner. Plan A is mechanical restoration leave paint etc as is. But there again that was plan A with the 350.

Colin
Mondial were low volume high quality manufacturer, spares are horrendous to find, I like a challenge. Will need piston for starters

Ian
My selling rule is sell the one I ride least.
Can't bring myself to sell either Ducati
George Essex UK

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:25 pm

Hi Ian . I have a 500 Rudge , lots to learn.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:41 pm

Bevel bob wrote:Hi Ian . I have a 500 Rudge , lots to learn.

Indeed. I borrowed a 1923 Matchless for a month last year and decided a flat tanker was not for me. A later pre-war bike should be more versatile I hope and this came along. Certainly easier to ride with twistgrip throttle and foot change. It's even got a left-side shift. My main issue has been learning how to start it but we're getting there after some experimentation.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:44 pm

George wrote:Thanks for the comments.
Other George
Bike is not a runner. Plan A is mechanical restoration leave paint etc as is. But there again that was plan A with the 350.

Colin
Mondial were low volume high quality manufacturer, spares are horrendous to find, I like a challenge. Will need piston for starters

Ian
My selling rule is sell the one I ride least.
Can't bring myself to sell either Ducati

I had decided to sell the Ducati as the Rudge will be another small/slow bike but I did 100 miles on it last Sunday and it's a lovely little thing. But if I take the Guzzi 1000 out next weekend I will be reminded what a great machine that is, although in a different way. I also have a loop-frame Guzzi 850GT, but can't contemplate selling that one. Hmmm...

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Rudge made wheels too, and licensed their designs to an Italian company.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”