Henery Hogbin

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

bettyann

Henery Hogbin

Postby bettyann » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 am

I just learned, Henery Hogbin has passed away, from a long Illness,He will be missed by all.
Capt Paul.

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Henery Hogbin

Postby JimF » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:36 pm

He did me the favor of selling me some unobtanium parts.

I never got to meet him in person but will miss him nevertheless.

Jim

bettyann

Postby bettyann » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:41 am

Henry used to come here to Florida during bike week, looking for barn find bikes & parts.He talked me out of a 1964 mk3 tank for 25.00$. Of course that was 35 yrs ago. He would get on his 450,start it drive it away with only one arm. He was all Ducati!

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:51 pm

" I just learned, Henery Hogbin has passed away, "

____ How did you get the news C.Paul ?
__ I first met Henery back in the '80s at Grattan Raceway in Michigan.
It's too bad that he didn't share his extensive knowledge on DUCATIs here at this w.site, cuz the man had independently amassed a great deal of related information about them !

VerySad-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

bettyann

Postby bettyann » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:47 am

D C T Bob

The other night, I was on Ducati M.S.site and some one gave the news flash that henery has just passed after a lingering illness.I'd met him a few times, he was a man of no BS only serious Ducati info and his his business. And he was a charismatic person . I don't know for sure But I think he was a Canadian. May be some one on this site, that new him, could tell us more about him.Capt Paul

jbcollier

Postby jbcollier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:42 am

Yes, he was Canadian. Highly regarded singles expert. I also bought a few parts off him. A bit of a charactor, didn't like the phone and asked that I use the fax. After a few fruitless attempts, he admitted his fax machine was broken!

jbcollier

Postby jbcollier » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Copy of a 1995 article on Henry curtesy of the bevelheads list:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rickst4/HenryHogben#

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”