250Desmo - Big Issue!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

linker48x

Re: 250Desmo - Big Issue!

Postby linker48x » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:11 pm

Just as an aside, if you’ve owned the bike since 1976, you’ve owned it 47 years, not 37. I noticed that because my wife and I were married in 1986, and we are celebrating our 37th anniversary this year. So, congratulations, you’ve owned that bike a goodly number of years either way!

Incidentally, I’ve owned my Darmah SSD since 1984 (39 years), and my 250 Mark 3 a year later (38 years) My next longest bike ownerships are my Metralla and my Commando, from 1989 (34 years). I didn’t set out to keep these bikes so long, it just happened, as I’m sure is the case for you too.

Back to troubleshooting your unfortunate situation.

Bevel bob

Re: 250Desmo - Big Issue!

Postby Bevel bob » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:51 am

Hi, Have you stripped out the broken bits ?, These parts are normally pretty everlasting so there are plenty of them laying around , The main question in my mind is to do with the crank end float and possible metal partickles in the bearings . It would be prudent to take the motor down for a proper clean out.If the crank does not exhibit any end float and you are prepared to risk it ,then the repair CAN be done insitu with a bit of jugling.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”