1976 350 Road

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

George

1976 350 Road

Postby George » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:27 pm

Elite has covered 200 miles without problems. Still going steady running in. When weather improves will add a few more miles before oil change and service.

I have purchased a 1976 350 Road for restoration and waiting for delivery from Spain.
I have read that Mototrans made the 250 engine, 350 and 450 were made in Italy for Mototrans. My engine number starts DM350, would this denote Italian engine.
I have been unable to find workshop manual or parts manual. Would anyone have downloads I could copy. Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Essex UK

Jon Pegler

Re: 1976 350 Road

Postby Jon Pegler » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:42 pm

Hi George,

The DM myth surfaces once again.
ALL widecase motors are stamped DM be they Italian or Spanish.
The Road that you are buying is pure Spanish, even if the timing cover has 'Made in Italy' cast into it.
Almost all the parts in a 350 Road are interchangeable with a widecase Italian 350, so an Italian parts list and workshop manual, even a Haynes one, will be applicable.
Valve sizes and camshaft will probably be slightly different and there should be a de-compressor fitted in the cylinder head.
Motoplat electronic ignition may still be fitted.
Your Road looks to be post-1975 by the forks, so probably 1975 or 1976 build, although the square Rinder headlamp is not original.

Jon

George

Postby George » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:47 pm

Thanks for prompt reply Jon.
George Essex UK

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:37 am

Hey, well done George! Have you purchased from the dealer in Barcelona who gets hold of a lot of these bikes? Please let us know how things go with the shipping. I have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind: did you let him handle the shipping? And, how did you pay him? I ask this because I bought something from a guy in Spain and his bank charged him something like £20 in banking fees; I was going to send him some more money to cover it until my partner pointed out that it would all be taken in fees also!

Colin

George

Postby George » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Duccout wrote:Hey, well done George! Have you purchased from the dealer in Barcelona who gets hold of a lot of these bikes? Please let us know how things go with the shipping. I have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind: did you let him handle the shipping? And, how did you pay him? I ask this because I bought something from a guy in Spain and his bank charged him something like £20 in banking fees; I was going to send him some more money to cover it until my partner pointed out that it would all be taken in fees also!

Colin

Hi Colin how is the Strada going?
Yes bought from dealer in Barcelona.
https://www.chasmortimer.co.uk/ is handling the shipping door to door and they handle import / export and VAT fees. Recommended.
Holding deposit paid by Paypal friends and family no fees. Courier is going to pay balance cash on collection. Good for me and good for seller.
Not expecting delivery for at least a month.

Essex VMCC have a growing selection of Italian owners including three bevel singles plus Gilera Garelli Mondail and moto Guzzi.
You are welcome to come along to club night if you fancy a chat. The Bell Woodham Ferrers second Wednesday of month 8pm and most arrive by car this time of year. I will be leading a 30 mile run for 250cc max in April if interested PM me.
George Essex UK

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:08 pm

Hi George,

Thanks for the invite, I will see.

Thanks for the info on importing, In have often looked at the dealers bikes for sale and wondered how safe and easy importing would be. It is not cheap to transport a bike from Southern Spain, but there seems to be a lot of good projects for sale. We look forward to a step-by-step account of the restoration.

Good luck,

Colin.

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi George, good to read the Elite is performing well, and you have another project in the pipeline, we've got to give the old grey matter something to ponder on.
Interesting one of your VMCC pals has a Mondial, would you know what model it is ?, as there are not very many about. I had a new 175 Sprint in 1961, it was a great little machine.
Brian
Made in England

George

Postby George » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:18 pm

DBDBrian wrote:Hi George, good to read the Elite is performing well, and you have another project in the pipeline, we've got to give the old grey matter something to ponder on.
Interesting one of your VMCC pals has a Mondial, would you know what model it is ?, as there are not very many about. I had a new 175 Sprint in 1961, it was a great little machine.

Hi Brian, liking the Elite more every time I ride it. Pity about the weather.
My friend has a Mondial 175 tourist 1960. He has been searching for a carb inlet stub for 22mm Dellorto if you have a spare at back of garage or know where to get one. Last part of the puzzle to get bike running after a year.
George Essex UK

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:10 pm

George, if your friend made a detailed drawing, maybe it's something I could make for him. I had to make one for my 200.

P1000226.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian
Made in England

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 am

George wrote:<snip>
I have been unable to find workshop manual or parts manual. Would anyone have downloads I could copy.

Can't help with a scanned copy, but FWIW the cover of the (American issue) parts book looks like this:

Road.jpg

I doubt there ever was a workshop manual. But Jon would know better than me.
I have got a pdf of the owners manual, taken off Lamaneta. So it might still be there?

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”