Napoleon Bar End Mirror

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

MotoMike

Napoleon Bar End Mirror

Postby MotoMike » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:25 pm

My 450 came to me with a cheap (Emgo?) bar end mirror. I like the look of the mirror, but it is truely useless when on the road. You can't even tell there is a road behind you let alone if there is a vehicle right behind you. I had a set of Napoleons on my Moto Guzzi and I found that Napoleon makes a mirror that looks about the same as the one I have on my 450..

found this reveiw:

http://www.canyonchasers.net/reviews/accessories/napoleon.php

and decided to order one. I got the chrome finish. I think these type mirrors were common fare a few decades back. I recall seeing them around. Not so much any more.

Anyway. the upshot is I got one from an Ebay vender for $31. Mounted it up yesterday and took it for a spin. The difference is amazing. Though not vibration free, the road behind is now visible and I can even tell what kind of car is behind me! I'm not affiliated with Napoleon, just passing on info. The model it appears is called "The Barron". They are made in Japan but don't have any flashy logos that detract from the period look I would like to keep on my Duke.

Mike
Last edited by MotoMike on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bevel bob

Re: Napoleon Bar End Mirror

Postby Bevel bob » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:49 pm

I use a smaller circular mirror, I should immagine the bigger mirror is more affected by vibration,I also find that when i really wind it on and push hard in the corners the mirrors are empty!!, bikes with 3 times the HP don't seem to keep up!.

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Bob

I've seen the small circular mirrors that are made by CRG I think. very good quality, but don't care for their looks and they cost twice as much or more than the Napoleons. I said they were not totally vibration free mainly because the review I posted said they eliminated vibration or words to that effect. They are pretty good, the vibration is not a problem on my bone shaker at all.

My 450 runs and handles quite well, but your Duc must be hotter than mine and/or you are crazier than I am. These modern racer-boy bikes handle like they are on rails and have so much power it's scary. they appear out of nowhere and disappear by time I'm around the next corner. this includes the modern Ducati's btw.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 am

I live in the lanes so outright speed is not important , there are also lots of learners on race reps that are terrified of highsiding , something that our old bikes are not so likely to do with the narrow tyres.I just drift.The smaller motor begs to be revved and little vibration to inhibit the hooligan in me!!, Perhaps my antics frighten them and they back off to avoid the wreckage.

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Bevel bob wrote:I live in the lanes... .
I'm not sure what that means, but it caused me to look over and see where you are from. I immediately deduced that you are part of that lost culture of Rockers.. Ton up, Bikes, Burnin and Birds!! :shock: :D ;)

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 am

Waddaya mean LOST! , I 'm still here doing it,Can't mention birds (not safe) but there are still many of the old ton-up boys about although i only know of one other local, a mate who rides daily 916 and Multistrada, he also still does a usefull dance in the car park (fisticuffs with the young bloods!).

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”