Tires

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

kmev

Tires

Postby kmev » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm at the point that I need tires. I'm looking for something more traditional and less expensive than Avon Roadrunners. I know DomiRacer has Duro replicas of the Pirelli MT53 (which I assume is correct for the rear?), but is Duro's quality worth buying? I cannot find a ribbed front tire, either.

I am using WM2x18 rims front and rear, but I'm not sure what sizes tires would be best under a square front fender. What sizes does everyone use - 2.5 front/2.75 rear, 2.75/3.00, or something else?

Thanks,
Keith

JimF
Site Admin

Re: Tires

Postby JimF » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 pm

My advice on tires for North America is don't be afraid to shop internationally. Shipping is generally not that expensive as tires don't need to be boxed, most everyone takes credit cards over the internet, the currency conversion is transparent through the credit card companies and the tires won't get broken in transit.

To that end, North American Ducati singles owners need to type the word "tyres" or "tyre" as opposed to "tires" in their internet search strings and the offerings of available t*res in our hard-to-find sizes opens up quite a bit.

captpaul

Postby captpaul » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 am

I'm about finished sourcing parts for a 1965 bronco project of mine,I bought fine m53 copies from domiracer duro brand
275/300x 16,couldn't find new pirelli's , but bought a new muffler silentium from the site in Varse Itally for $317.00 us, because no one makes a copy of the original muffler. It'll be perfectly beautiful, but would never be concourse . Capt paul

kmev

Postby kmev » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:40 pm

I looked at several European online tire sites, and for the cheap tires shipping equals or exceeds the tire cost, putting them in the ballpark of Avon Roadrunners here in the US. For the same price I'd rather get the high quality tire.

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:59 pm

I am in agreement with you that if you live in North America and find your tires on the continent they will be cheaper.

I should have been more verbose and said that for those people with what might be considered 'odd-ball' sizes for the USA they should look off-shore. I can't recall without standing in the garage what size tires the Mach 1 uses, but I think the rims are WM1 and the tire sizes are the likes of what has not been imported for decades. Those kinds of tire needs may be served my looking outside the continental US.

ajleone

Postby ajleone » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Captpaul - Did you aget you muffler from Brezzi-Randellini ? If not where ? Also, I am looking at going with 17" wheels on my Bronco - I just think the 16" rims are too small. I'd like to use 18 WM1, but think they might rub on the fenders. Thanks.

captpaul wrote:I'm about finished sourcing parts for a 1965 bronco project of mine,I bought fine m53 copies from domiracer duro brand
275/300x 16,couldn't find new pirelli's , but bought a new muffler silentium from the site in Varse Itally for $317.00 us, because no one makes a copy of the original muffler. It'll be perfectly beautiful, but would never be concourse . Capt paul

kmev

Postby kmev » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 pm

If anyone is looking for a quality ribbed front tire I found these in Californina: http://www.haydenent.com/Pages/TireAvon.html

captpaul

Postby captpaul » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 am

ajleone:
I bought the muffler& many other omc ducati parts from www.italiansbikes.com.
They sold new mach 1 seats, Ridelli rims in pairs,w/case seats, on and on. they sold their stuff on e-bay" Ducati parts"
I haven't seen any of their parts lately tho!There address is di Marisa Biondani,Via Scrivia,6, 37136 Verona Italy.
I truly hope you can find them, they gave Americans lower prices.

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 am

captpaul wrote:ajleone:
I bought the muffler& many other omc ducati parts from http://www.italiansbikes.com.

Lower right corner of the site says something along the lines of "closing down, lower prices" Bummer...

They also list a lot (most) of their stuff as not available.

kmev

Postby kmev » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:30 am

Just to follow up, I went with the Avon Roadrunners - an 80/90 on the rear and an 80/80 on the front (I prefer the look of a little larger tire on the rear). From what I could find, the Avons from Tires Unlimited cost roughly the same as cheap tires shipped from overseas. However, they are marked "not for highway use, for racing only". :roll:

This weekend I built my wheels and got the tires mounted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”