Done!....Luigi's got papers

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Ducati350ontario

Done!....Luigi's got papers

Postby Ducati350ontario » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:50 pm

Finally done.

My 69 350 SCR is finally done.

I had it mocked up in black but didn't like the white piping on the side bags.

in black.jpg

Got drunk and decided it was going to be Spanish silver from from a 1959 Chrysler and the side bags are rubbed out with PEWTER Rub-n-Buff for a older leather look rather than the shinny black with white piping.

In Spanish silver.jpg

Thanks to everyone who took the time to give me hand. In the Daylight Luigi's a head turner for sure. (Yellow battery will become black) ;)

Much appreciated.

-Jeff
Luigi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duccout

Re: Done!....Luigi's got papers

Postby Duccout » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:45 am

I really like it, well done.

Colin

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:51 am

Great job Jeff, mind what you are doing with that hammer. :)
Brian
Made in England

Ducati350ontario

Postby Ducati350ontario » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:39 am

DBDBrian wrote:Great job Jeff, mind what you are doing with that hammer. :)

That hammer is for my precision work, ....its the 10lb sledge hammer that has to stay in the shed with the lawnmower. :?

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Have to agree that the silver paintwork appears very nice and compliments the slim lines of the motorcycle.

Enjoy wearing the tyres out and getting it dirty! ;)

Good health, Bill

Ducati350ontario

Postby Ducati350ontario » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Duccout wrote:I really like it, well done.

Colin

Thanks Colin.
I tend to really "beat myself up" when deciding to to do something that's not original. With this bike the entire wiring harness was shot, that rear fender was already on the bike, items missing: speedometer and drive, rear taillight assembly, front fender and carb.

I decided pretty much right away that I wanted the bike to be a daily driver type build so the changes I made were mostly to make it more modern to ride but trying to keep the original vibe and working with the cool body:

-custom all new wiring with complete Elextrexworld CDI and generator kit https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=ducati&PN=STK%2d164%2ehtml#SID=1173
-new premier AMAL carb
-small LED turn signals (very bright, but don't clash too much with the style of the bike)
-(POS) OEM rear brake switch replaced with a microswitch for rear brake. (works awesome,...every time. -8$-)
-Digital dash board for: speed, tach, turn signal (R/L indication) etc
-new rear shocks

I never make changes to any of my old bikes that can't be made original again. (I've already started collecting the OEM parts such as rear fender etc)

These bikes are cool.

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:46 pm

I love to see beautiful original restorations, and I also love well-executed modifications; I think that improvements in tyres, brakes, lights, ignition systems and suspension is almost essential if an old bike is going to be used.

Colin

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Aye Colin and Jeff,

Not one for the bling, concours, Blah, Blah, grommet, widget, original tyres, wiring, etc. The plating and paint is always way shinier than it ever was and the buffing of the alloy way more than when they fell off the end of the production line and taken for a thrash around a muddy yard or up the main road to see if they at least ran.

Might as well just put together an "outline" bike, with no guts and let those of us who run the bikes, wear the internal bits out. Same thing happens in the vintage tractor world!

Colin
I think that improvements in tyres, brakes, lights, ignition systems and suspension is almost essential if an old bike is going to be used.

It IS essential! :)

Good health, Bill

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”