A cautionary note! Audi drivers!

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

themoudie

A cautionary note! Audi drivers!

Postby themoudie » Sun May 23, 2021 11:15 am

The Duke was out for a canter yesterday to the seaside (Elie, Fife), apart from testosterone fuelled middle aged men jousting, with large shiny black SUV's for parking spaces! :( :cry: We had a lovely, picnic, even though the temperature was below 10°C, the sun was great. The run home was interesting and the old bird went well. 110 mile round trip, with the odd burst of ½ throttle plus in 5th.

However, after my altercation with an Audi TT 3½ years ago on the return from a day at Elie, I nearly had another! :o :evil: A young Asian women reversed her Audi A7 Fastback (black, shiny and bling extras) out from her drive (30mph area) and whilst checking her offside continuously, didn't see me on her nearside! Only after I had stopped (twin Grimeca leading shoes), blipped the throttle (SuperTrapp, with no wadding) and hit the horn (12v through a 6v horn), did she stop her manouvre!

I might as well have landed from ZOD! :) I know my hair has got long in lockdown! She hadn't a clue as to why I was indicating with my righthand that she needed to use her eyes. No I didn't give her the "Vickies"! She then reversed across both lanes of the road, before driving off, with a quizzical look :? past me and Kat, on the BROS 400, to whom she gave the "Vickies" and shrugged her shoulders, with both hands off the steering wheel! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: Note, I didn't get the "Vickies"!

Ignorance and arrogance, twice in one day, the latter nearly resulting in my demise. :( No fluorescent gear, fog horn, open exhaust pipe would have made any difference to her manouvre. You can only be VERY AWARE! And wear good protective kit. Go canny!

Good health, Bill

George

Re: A cautionary note! Audi drivers!

Postby George » Sun May 23, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi Bill Glad to read that you have won your fight with the Ducati and it is now running well. Sorry to hear about your near miss. Still better result than my NOT a near miss. First ride out today on Moto Guzzi since accident. Tried out my new white helmet, hi-viz vest and motorcycling jeans. All good, still invisible. Daughter in law took a photo said I looked like an Italian policeman. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Essex UK

themoudie

Re: A cautionary note! Audi drivers!

Postby themoudie » Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 pm

Aye George, very good to see you back out and riding the Guzzi.

There might be a different deference if you were carrying the Caribinieri sidearm! ;) I also see that they are now using a MV Agusta F4 Carabinieri Edition! That'll be quick! :twisted:

Hopefully, there will be no repition of finding the bike or your "crumple zones".

Good health, Bill

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”