Lacey Engineering- parts online

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

MotoMike

Lacey Engineering- parts online

Postby MotoMike » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Just wanted to share my recent purchasing experience. I bought a hand full of top end gaskets and a winkle cap. After searching the singles and vintage Ducati vendors, I only found two that had all the parts I was looking for. I ended up ordering from Lacey Engineering. The price shipped to my door in Illinois via Royal mail was $29 and change. Surprisingly, I ordered on Wednesday and received the parts today, Saturday only 3 days later. The stateside vender who happened to have all the parts would have been $40 for the parts alone, shipping would have probably put it up to close to $50 I expect. Not to take anything away from the other fine vendors, but Nigel and Edina were quick to respond to my questions, and exchanged 3 or 4 emails with answers to my questions. Maybe if you were ordering something heavy it might balance out with shipping from the UK, but for small parts,superior service, and a competitive price, I recommend Lacey Engineering. Oh yeah, I am not affiliated with them, just felt they went beyond the call of duty.

Regards,
Mike

Bevel bob

Re: Lacey Engineering- parts online

Postby Bevel bob » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I have bought parts from Lacey, the Guy is a total professional, Knows singles inside out, spends his time working on singles doing high quality work, gives detailed tech advice free. Biased heavily towards racing so concentrates on motor service parts. No issues whatever.

miken5678

Postby miken5678 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I have to say everytime I have asked him questions, there might be a slight delay in he responds, but he always makes the time to go over tons of stuff and answer everything and give some great advice.. cant complain whatso ever..

Teckhardt

Postby Teckhardt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Put my .02 in as well...

Nigel has always answered my silly questions and provided great customer service. He even scrounged thru his used parts for me when I was looking for something.

They have some unique stuff that I have not been able to locate other places.
1970 450 SCR

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Add me to the chorus. The clutch centre of my 450 SCR came loose recently, and Nigel's been more than helpful in advising me on whether it's worth re-shimming to correct a small misalignment of the gears.

And all I had bought from him was a new tab washer and nut!

Top bloke.

Ciao

Craig

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”