Monza Junior Electrics

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

955Sprint

Monza Junior Electrics

Postby 955Sprint » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:28 am

Hi there. Trying to get my head around the basic electrics. Looking at the wiring diagram there are 7 wires going into the original switch. On mine I have 2 brown wires only so something isn't right and the battery doesn't appear to charge. If engine not running lights don't come on, when running come on with a bit of throttle. Can replace diode with a modern rectifier but might be better to put in a combined rectifier / regulator but still unclear on lighting switch needs?

ducwiz

Re: Monza Junior Electrics

Postby ducwiz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:15 pm

monzajr_schematic2.jpg

This is the 160 Monza jr. schematic, the wire colours are included. With this you can check all the connections.
A combined R-R might be a better solution, but you have to rearrange some wiring.

cheers Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

955Sprint

Re: Monza Junior Electrics

Postby 955Sprint » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Hans, thanks for that. That's a good clear copy of the wiring diagram and I can relate to wiring colours now. Couldn't make it out on the blurred diagram I had

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”