DIY timing wheel

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Rhys

DIY timing wheel

Postby Rhys » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am

Hello All!

As with everyone else on the planet, COVID-19 has made it difficult for me to get things done.

Members Seekhunt and ecurbruce, thank you for your kindness, and my apologies for my delay in replying.

Here's my thrown-together from junk-in-the-pail timing apparatus. The only changes I have planned(and never seem to address) are chamfering the lower edge, below the two 'windows', so as to have a bit better view of the degree CD.

I was never a fan of a piece of wire pointer; could never seem to get it to stay still. Hence, the solid window in a strip of aluminum. The holes were placed offset by design, it gives two points of reference against the CD.

Pertaining the CD; it's just run through the printer. I usually write on it, then a shot of brake cleaner, and its clean! I can start and run the engine, without oil all over the place. It certainly does not look very impressive in the toolbox, but, when I can work, this set-up does the job.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Rhys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nalimugmug

Re: DIY timing wheel

Postby nalimugmug » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am

Simple and it works.

To state the obvious be careful tapping the wood between the fins, hand tight is sufficient.

DSC_9978.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nalimugmug on Sat May 23, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 am

I just marked a line on the casing with a dry-wipe pen.
Ian

Rhys

Postby Rhys » Mon May 25, 2020 8:01 am

Simple is best! Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”