Testing the Logitron regulator/rectifier

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

@win

Re: Testing the Logitron regulator/rectifier

Postby @win » Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 am

ducwiz wrote:Btw, are you a US or a UK citizen?

I'm from The Netherlands, Hans. Learned English in school like you. We do our best :D Sometimes i have to consult my better half, she's from the US!
Gr. Edwin

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Tue May 19, 2020 11:19 am

@win wrote: I'm from The Netherlands, Hans. <snip>

Well, I for one would never have guessed, Edwin!

Ciao

Craig

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 pm

@Win,

what about testing the Logitron - any results so far?

Hans

@win

Postby @win » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 pm

what about testing the Logitron - any results so far?

Still here, but due to real life ( as in not related to sheds and old bikes) haven't had much time to play around with the bikes. No riding, no wrenching.
However, filled up my new battery with acid today and it's charging right now. Hope to be able to spend some time with the 350 this weekend. Will most certainly post results when available.

To make up for my absence, here's a screenshot of the 350
350Mk3 (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blethermaskite

Postby blethermaskite » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Looking very nice, I am tempted to return my own 350 mk3 to standard spec. and in particular that lovely blue, gold, black colour scheme. Well done.
Cheers,
George

@win

Postby @win » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:57 pm

blethermaskite wrote:Looking very nice, I am tempted to return my own 350 mk3 to standard spec. and in particular that lovely blue, gold, black colour scheme. Well done.
Cheers,
George

Thanks George, we took the colour from the inside of the side panels. Striping/decals sprayed on, couldn't find the right ones at the time. Paint guy did a good job. It's been a while now and it appears that preparation was a little less flawless, as there's a blister developing on the lower edge of the tank :(

@win

Postby @win » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Well, after charging the new battery it showed 6.4 volt.

Installed the battery. Had to replace the connectors on the wires, the new classic battery replaced a maintenance free one with different connectors. Didn't have the right ones available so had to improvise and will have to redo later.

While removing the tank to get better access to the ignition box i found out one of the fuel taps was leaking. The rubber between the tap and the tank was worn out. All i had available was a couple of rubber rings, probably for plumming purposes. Will find out if it works, but it's probably not going to last long, so have to replace later.
I checked the parts list and noticed it shows a copper washer. Is that needed?

Next day the battery was down to 6.34 volt. Is that a normal drop in 24 hours?
Put the ignition box in testmode, pulled the plug, grounded it and switched the ignition on. Spark fest! Encouraging isn't it.

Checked the spark plug gap, ca. 0,55 mm. Seems a little narrow. I remember reading on this forum about the preferred spark gap for the singles, but i can't find it now. My Haynes says 0.8 to 1.0 mm. .

Limited time caused me to stop there. Will continue testing next weekend.

Ciao Edwin

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Friend has a '50s DKW, which fuel tap had the same sort of rubber with holes that Ducatis use.
A brand new pattern replacement didn't work - imperfect fit.
A sealing washer I made from a Champagne cork doesn't leak.

blethermaskite

Postby blethermaskite » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:54 pm

If you mean the sealing washer between the petrol tap and the tank where the tap screws into the tank? then what you need to source is a sealing washer called a "dowty" washer you can get them of Ebay, if its that odd little sealing washer with the holes in inside the tap? and its not breaking up you can flip it over and refit......gives you a new undamaged face for the moving part of the tap to bear on.....this works as a repair about 50% of the time.
Cheers,
George

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 am

blethermaskite wrote:If you mean the sealing washer between the petrol tap and the tank where the tap screws into the tank? then what you need to source is a sealing washer called a "dowty" washer you can get them of Ebay,

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”