Welcome new members

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

dav

Re: Welcome new members

Postby dav » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 am

Bob, your 'new' pic is spot on, the 'old' one was way to bright.

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 pm

" Bob, your 'new' pic is spot on, "

____ Thanks a lot for letting me know that Dav ! _ As I'm now somewhat surprised that anyone else agrees that that "'new'" smaller-pic is not also too-light as well. _ Cuz it too was also lightened a fairly-great amount from the original-pic !
So now this revelation leads me to think I was correct in the first place - that many digital-pix really are actually TOO-dark (to begin with) for others as well.
__ While the original-pic appears almost totally-black on MY monitor, my "'new'" smaller-pic has been lightened only enough so I can merely see all that it is, (while the "'old'" -(full-size) pic was fully lightened-up so as to not look any at all dark on my monitor).
____ I've now posted the original-pic (here below), for you to see exactly how it was before I did any lightening-adjustment on it. _ (All I did to this posted-pic is convert it from 'Bitmap' to 'Jpeg', so that it could then be allowed to be posted at this w.site,, and absolutely NO light-adjusting has been done by myself to this particular posted-picture!)
__ So I'd now like to know if this original-pic actually is or isn't too-dark for ya -(anybody) to see adequately.
(Cuz if it can be seen well enough as is [by anybody], then I will definitely order a new monitor for myself, as I really can't see this version at all !)

Thanks A-lot,
-Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

wcorey

Postby wcorey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm

First photo, can be seen well but a lot of contrast, light areas good but dark areas almost too dark and a bit grainy.
Second photo, washed out, not much contrast.
Third photo, darker background than the first one but the contrast is better on the 'bike'. In the darker areas like the tires, more detail can be seen than on the first photo.
I looked at them on my lcd screened vista laptop as well as an older xp desktop system with a big crt (tube) monitor, no appreciable difference.

Bill

DewCatTea-Bob

Re: 250SCR-Picture

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:39 pm

" First photo, can be seen well but a lot of contrast, light areas good but dark areas almost too dark and a bit grainy. "

____ Thanks extra much for all the extended-details, Bill ! _ With all that good info, I now know pretty-much exactly what to do *.
By "First photo", I gather that you actually meant the 'upper' (actually 2nd-posted) pic on the previous-page... That one should indeed be "grainy" & less detailed, as I had over-shrunk it down from the original-size.
__ * After this thread falls-down from near the top of the topics-page, I'll then re-post a full-size & slightly lightened version of that smaller-pic version, (which will of course be actually done from the original-pic), so that all that one's faults (which you've pointed-out), will likely be gone and we'll then be left with a GOOD 'happy-medium' (on the brightness-scale),, and I'll then delete the current two pix (on that page), plus all the related off-topic notes.

__ UPDATE - I've now posted my (hopefully) 'final-try', here-below.
It's not easy to guess that the pic doesn't look washed-out (to others), while also hoping that the tire-treads still show-up any at all - (a fine-line to hit within)!

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

PS. I can hardly believe that you're able to see this "original-pic" so well ! _ I guess that means that now I'll really have to get myself my next monitor asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

JasonB

Postby JasonB » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello All, my name is Jason and I live downunder Sydney Australia, first off it is great to have such a fantastic web forum like this one everyone has been friendly and very helpfulI, a job well done. I
have been restoring my Ducati 250 n/c for the past 5 years I bought in 3 boxes and have done most of the work myself, I am running Mach 1 size valves a green & white cam and a oversize h/c piston , feeding the motor with a Dellorto ss1 29 mm carbie and a remote fuel bowl,standard 6 volt setup, Tank is a fibreglass replica from Road & Race. I did a custom paint job but I tried to keep it period cause I think this bike was from a few bikes, motor a scrambler frame a monza

regards
jasonb
IMG_0352.JPG

JimF
Site Admin

Postby JimF » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:10 pm

I am impressed. Beautifully executed! Painting the chain guard silver was a smart move that I surely would not have thought of. Visually the bike is stunning.

Jim

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”