Welcome new members

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

mongo

Re: Welcome new members

Postby mongo » Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 am

I posted a new thread about the wiring, rather than clutter up the welcome thread.

Is there a way to determine the carb size other than measuring it?

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 am

" Is there a way to determine the carb size other than measuring it? "

____ Of course, as like most all Dellorto carbs, they have their model & size given on the out-side for easy viewing.
Your model should be SSI, and size either '27' or '29', as seen on the lower-right side of it's main body part.
__ Please let us know which size carb you have, so I can better confirm if your Mk3 is actually a late-1964 model, or an early-'65.
Such info would also be helpful to others !

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

MotoMike

Postby MotoMike » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello Everyone

I am in North Western Illinois. I have owned a 1969 Ducati 450 for about the last 17 years. It hasn't run for the last 15 when I moved here from San Diego. The bike is non Desmo and was probably a scrambler. at least the frame was. It was made to look like a little cafe racer wanna be before I got it. I don't plan on returning it to original, just to make it fun to ride. Before life got in the way, I had the seat pan, tank and tool boxes painted, so I am no in the process of waking her up. I'll post specifics in appropriate threads, as I have several problems to sort.

Edit: Pics now included

As you can see I have a long way to go.

Thanks for looking
Mike
Last edited by MotoMike on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tricolormonster

Postby tricolormonster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 am

Intro: I'm Stu.

Figured I'd post a bit about my Bike Stable since i'm new and active in the forum. (lurked for a while).

1 '08 S4RS Tricolore Monster (only Desmo I have)
2. '75 860 GT (8k original miles)
3. '65 Scrambler 250 (Basket, but progressing)
4. '64 Monza (my current project)
5. '68 Scrambler 350 (Basket)
6. '50's Gilera 125 cafe racer (rolling basket)
7. '60's Wards Riverside/Benelli (rolling basket)

Plus a nice collection of frames, engines, tanks, and other parts, all waiting for me to quit my day job and start to work on.

toodles from So Cal. :D
stu

MotoMike

a few pics

Postby MotoMike » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Don't know how I'm to let you know they are there now. maybe I should have posted them separate instead of editing. anyway they are in my other post in this thread.

DewCatTea-Bob

Just Wondering a little about Who's New

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:50 am

____ This is merely a plea for all recently new listed-members who registered here (at this w.site) after January-15th (and haven't yet placed any posts), to please let us know anything you wish (such as the model of Ducati which most interests you, or anything the like), by submitting a post of your own. - (Even if it's just a copy of a related post that you've already placed elsewhere.)
As I for one, would really like to learn how/why (after being here on the www/net for 15-months), we're just now picking-up so many new guys finally registering here lately !?
__ Thanks for your cooperation and welcome to our w.site for Ducati-Singles only !
I hope we all here can help ya learn something about old-DUKEs, as well !

DUKE-Cheers,
-Bob
PLEASE NOTE... If this-post is not-yet signed-off with '-Bob', then I'm still in the process of completing it,, and if not also included with 'DCT' near bottom as well, then I may edit this post's wording at a later time. - Dct.Bob

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:52 am

First time poster, long-time lurker great topic love the site! My project is a1966 250 SCR. It was my first scoot and I just want to get it running and then worry about a resto. I think I have found the best site for info though, I look forward to picking a few brains.!

DewCatTea-Bob

1966 250-Scrambler Project

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:20 pm

" First time poster,
love the site! "

____ Welcome to our list of registered-members Mark !
And glad to hear that you "love" this unique w.site (for Duc.singles only!) !

" My project is a1966 250 SCR.
I just want to get it running "

____ That's a nice & unique Duke-model, Mark !
So what do you currently think is the reason for you not having it in running-condition ? _ Is it's engine at least now capable of being kicked-over ?

" I think I have found the best site for info though, "

____ No doubt about that Mark, as it's quite unlikely that you could ever find more general-info about your old Duke anywhere else !

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

POSTED-PIC... Please, anyone,, if my posted-picture looks at all "washed-out" (or anything else abnormal) to ya, then please mention so, asap ! - (I lightened it up only enough so that the tread-design on the tires is visible, (rather than left appearing all black).
(Like most all digital-pix, it looks just fine on MY monitor but, it may appear too-lightened, as seen on yours. - So if so, I'll then attempt to fix it!)
__ UPDATE - I've now added a less brightened version (upper pic), but I-myself can't see the tire-tread in this fairly darker version !).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 am

That's the one, and yes your pic was a bit faded. She does'nt run now but give me a few days, I have parts on the way. I'm rebuilding the ss1 27d and just installed the new piston rings. It was sitting in a garage for 20 years before I rediscovered it. Now with the "economic down turn" I have all the time in the world and no scratch, thus focusing on running not looks. Besides not my only bike, also have a roadking and an '82 maxim.I lve my toys!

DewCatTea-Bob

Postby DewCatTea-Bob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 am

" That's the one, and yes your pic was a bit faded. "

____ I've just added a slightly less lightened (& smaller) version of the same picture (also posted on the previous page).
__ It would be much appreciated if I were to be informed whether that newly-added altered-pic is now at least adequately adjusted, just as it is,, and if so, I may then expand it to a more desirable size.

Hopeful-Cheers,
-Bob

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”