CDI ignition for Monza Jr.

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DougW

CDI ignition for Monza Jr.

Postby DougW » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Who is the most reputable manufacturer/supplier of a CDI ignition setup for a Monza Jr.? Are they worth buying and are they relatively straight forward to install?

ducwiz

Re: CDI ignition for Monza Jr.

Postby ducwiz » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:01 am

I don't know if the narrow-case Sachse will fit a 160, but it is very highly rated by some people.

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:38 am

electrex do a self generating digital CDI ingition for the wide and narrowcase ducati's

the part number for the nc item is STK 167 D

Eldert

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:06 am

Duccout wrote:I don't know if the narrow-case Sachse will fit a 160, but it is very highly rated by some people.

The Sachse MHP is not a CDI. It's a pointless battery/coil ignition with digital AAU. And Sachse does not offer a version for n/c models on their website.
https://www.elektronik-sachse.de/shopsystem-3/en/Digital-Ignition-Systems/Ducati/

Hans

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:29 am

+1 for the Electrexworld Ignition system. I fitted one easily to my Italian 175TS and it regularly fires up first kick and runs fine. It could probably benefit from some fine tuning using a strobe or Dyno to get the absolute best top end, as I've only set up the static timing. However, I'm not sure there is too much to be gained so I am not that bothered at the moment. One day!

tobydmv

Postby tobydmv » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:57 pm

Whats wrong with the stock setup? I think the stock system of points and condenser are easy to work on and economical. If your problems, like mine, are in the charging system than a CDi setup may actually be more affordable then rewinding and recharging your stator and mag.

Not sure if it will fit a 160, but you could also look for the Ducati parts from a widecase single. I think they came with a Ducati energia CDi and sensor/pickup similar to what is on my Morini. The ducati CDi boxes are also being remade and pretty affordable on ebay.

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:53 pm

The stator for the w/c models will not fit into the centering on a n/c crankcase (3 vs. 4 mounting threads, different centering diameters).

Hans

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”