175TS with 125S engine project

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

George

Re: 175TS with 125S engine project

Postby George » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:27 pm

I have located head with better seats. Will check guides when I collect in couple of weeks. Will give update then. Thanks for all the suggestions.
George Essex UK

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:34 pm

Aye George,

Having the guides K lined is good if the installer knows what they are doing, but I had a head done by an 'incompetent professional', who is no longer in business and they lasted no time at all. However, I had the repair done by someone who knew what they were doing and had them installed in the new guides, as they did in Gardener lorry engine refurbishments. Still going strong. :D

Good health, Bill

George

Postby George » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:18 am

Back in the shed to fit replacement head cut valve seats, new valves, oil seals and springs. Started fine, went for short ride engine much improved, at last all working good. Headed home to check engine the next thing I heard was SORRY I DIDN'T SEE YOU head on crash, me at 15mph over handlebars, bike front end beyond repair. 5 hours in A and E no broken bones extensive bruising. Caught wedding tackle on steering damper whilst flying over bars ouch. Year's work gone in one second. Life happens when you are making plans. Guess I won't be getting any best in show awards this year.
George Essex UK

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:40 am

Bloody hell George, that don't sound to good, but could have been much worse, at least no broken bones and are out of hospital.
I know it's not much consolation, but hopefully the bike can be repaired, we ourselves don't mend so well at our age, so better the bike than you.
Best wishes
Brian
Brian
Made in England

George

Postby George » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 am

DBDBrian wrote:Bloody hell George, that don't sound to good, but could have been much worse, at least no broken bones and are out of hospital.
I know it's not much consolation, but hopefully the bike can be repaired, we ourselves don't mend so well at our age, so better the bike than you.
Best wishes
Brian

Thanks Brian
George Essex UK

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:35 am

Sorry to hear that George. Let's hope the other driver's insurance don't mess you about.

Ian

George

Postby George » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:49 am

ranton_rambler wrote:Sorry to hear that George. Let's hope the other driver's insurance don't mess you about.

Ian

Hi Ian,other insurance company have accepted full liability. Hopefully will get enough for repairs. My classic bike insurance inspecting bike Friday. First club run booked up for end April. Won't be happening now. It's a balls ache in every way. Will be looking for new forks plus other parts sometime.
George Essex UK

Duccout

Postby Duccout » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:54 am

Bloody Hell George! My God I feel for you, it is beyond belief, after all that work. First things first - at least you weren't seriously injured, although you must be feeling pretty knocked about. What an absolute bummer.

Hope you feel better soon.

Colin

George

Postby George » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Duccout wrote:Bloody Hell George! My God I feel for you, it is beyond belief, after all that work. First things first - at least you weren't seriously injured, although you must be feeling pretty knocked about. What an absolute bummer.

Hope you feel better soon.

Colin

Thanks Colin
Resting in bed for couple of days. Feels like I have two oranges between my legs.
No matter how we like our bikes still only a pile of bits. Health comes first.
George Essex UK

themoudie

Postby themoudie » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Aye George,

An absolute Barsteward! :shock: :cry: :evil: I can only offer my commiserations and wish you a speedy recovery. As the others have said your health is more important, especially if your nuts are like oranges. Plenty of R&R and no heavy lifting until the bruising disapates.

Having had a similar experience with an Audi TT and a young women driver in 2017, whilst riding my old SRX600 in town at ~20mph and been sideswiped as she accelerated right, through me for the parking space! "I'm sorry I didn't see you. Perhaps you should get off the road as you are holding up the traffic?", were the immortal words! :evil: :evil: :evil: At least you have no broken bones, my right leg tib and fib are now pinned and it was compound as well. Thankfully, the 450 can still be kicked over! :D :D :D and I hope that it is not long before you are busying yourself with repairs to the wee beastie.

I too have had the 450 head off and checked over, in the ongoing carburettor launching saga on another thread that I hope to be adding to soon.

Keep taking the anti-inflammatories and watch where you put the 'Tiger Balm'! :twisted:

Wish you a speedy recovery, Bill

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”