Telesco SCR forks

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

A.I.M

Telesco SCR forks

Postby A.I.M » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi folks, I am restoring my '74 250 Scrambler, last ran around '82 . Fork stanchions 35mm x 595mm are badly corroded & bent and new seals & Teflon bushes needed. Grateful for any guidance on where these can be found. It should be possible to buy generic stanchions but I don't know the internal thread size - does anyone have that?
Cheers
Al

blaat!

Re: Telesco SCR forks

Postby blaat! » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:21 am

Guzzino has them:

http://www.guzzino.com/duma35fotu60.html

I recently bought a set of the 31.5 x 525 and the quality is really nice. I think he also has seals etc.

I also think Fast from the Past may have stanchions too. New re-pops show up on eBay from time to time as well. Lastly Frank's Forks (Forking by Frank?) may have them but I think you need to order by phone.

Prices all seemed the same (spendy!) when I bought the 31.5s so I went with Guzzino which had easy online ordering.

Hope this helps!
Jim

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:23 am

Many thanks, Jim. I should have mentioned I am in France, so ideally looking for a Europe-based supplier, but indeed these look great, and mention the thread size I was looking for...
Thanks again,Al

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:58 am

The fork stanchions sold by Guzzino in Jim's post are for Marzocchi forks.
Some Telesco forks have a screwed in bottom bush whilst others have the bottom bush spot welded to the stanchion.
Also, some of the bottom bushes have a nylon or Teflon ring fitted and some don't.
The stanchions can be straightened and re-chromed as I've had this done in the past, even with the welded on bottom bush. Phillpots in the UK can do them.
The only source of the nylon rings that I know of are from Jesus Guzman in Spain. He trades on e-bay as Guzman175. The bushes may not be on e-bay at present but will be on his Recambios usado website.
Telesco forks often come up for sale in the UK and Spain, so it may be cheaper to find a good used set.
Bear in mind that the fork seal holders were changed in 1975. The later ones are a better design, but they can all fit the yokes (triple trees).

Jon

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm very grateful for your clarifications and the contact info for Jesus Guzman/ Recambios Motos, Jon. My forks have a screwed-in bottom bush (thankfully), and do (did) have the Teflon bush. Unfortunately I think my stanchions are past saving. I have been looking for replacements, but so far no joy - will keep looking. The internal thread on both ends of the stanchion is the same, but exactly what it is I can't be certain. Possibly 30mm x 1mm pitch, but I would prefer not to have to guess!

I was not aware of a design change for the fork seal holders, I will bear that in mind as I work through the refurb...

Thanks again,
Al

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:35 pm

From memory I think the thread at each end of Telesco fork legs are identical, with the odd size of 31 x 1.25.
Jesus Guzmans Recambio Usado website has the Teflon bushes for 9 Euros each. (Look in section Motocicleta classica, Suspensiones, accesorios horquilla, Page10 )
Look on Milanuncios website for fork legs.

Jon

A.I.M

Postby A.I.M » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Well that would certainly explain why I found the thread dimensions a bit off - what a bizarre size! Yes, they are identical at both ends. I found the bushes on the Recambios website but having to use translate extensively to work my way around MilAnuncios… I'm sure I'll find them eventually.
Thanks again, Jon
Al

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”