Disc front end for Single

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

PhilR

Disc front end for Single

Postby PhilR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi, I am considering fitting a disc front end to my narrow case racer for next seasons' Britsih Historic racing club series. (Fed up with trying to get my drum brake working well enough to out brake all the disc braked machines). So I am either on the lookout for some suitable Italian/ Japanese forks or alternatively, 'back in the day' I had a Lockheed set up on my 250 desmo. This used an alloy casting bracket which pivoted on the axle and clamped to the bottom slider. Does any one have one I could buy or get copied, or drawing of one?

Any advice or sugestions?

Phil

dlearl476

Re: Disc front end for Single

Postby dlearl476 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 pm

In the cache of parts I got with my Moto-Guzzi Monza was a spare front end. I've mocked it up to the NC frame I intend to use for my 250 Cafe. It seems to fit perfectly and will require a minimum of machining to get the headstock/bearings right. I might be able to solve the whole riddle with a Timken catalog.

Point being, MG Monza forks will work and they have twin brembo single pot discs.

Jordan

Re: Disc front end for Single

Postby Jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 pm

That reminded me of a friend who fitted a twin disc front end from a Ducati parallel twin, to a widecase.
It sure was effective, and had wire spokes.
Another benefit was it had a thin nut on the steering stem, underneath the top triple clamp.
So much easier for assembly, fitting clip-on handlebars, etc as it wouldn't fall apart on removal of the triple clamp.
No need to remove wheel, guard, fork legs.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”