Staccato Ducati 250

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

richardw

Staccato Ducati 250

Postby richardw » Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 pm

I have recently taken ownership of a Daytona engine that has several Staccato parts fitted. I am wondering if anyone has any leaflets or adverts, that could be copied, from when Pat Townsend was marketing these parts as I would like to know more.

themoudie

Re: Staccato Ducati 250

Postby themoudie » Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Aye Richard,

Run a Google search for "Pat Townsend, Staccato" and you will find plenty to read. ;)

Pat and John Wittman even 'cooked up' a "six speed gearbox" between them for I believe John's "short stroke" ~350 motor.

Eldert may care to add a "view" as well.

Good health, Bill

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 pm

last year i got a Staccato camshaft end cap thru some horse trading .

it was made from magnesium but after putting it on the scales it was just as heavy
as a original end cap .

i think Brian Silver from Moto Marianna use to sell some of Pat Townsend's parts

Eldert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Fri May 24, 2019 7:55 pm

I have a 350 WC engine on the workbench with a magnesium primary cover, “staccato” cast into it. I thought the dry clutch conversion was Nova (the transmission apparently is) but Staccato must have produced dry clutch conversions. The cast cover is quite crude and heavy for magnesium.
Matt

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”