Strada seat

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Dave L

Strada seat

Postby Dave L » Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Does anyone have a good or v good seat for my Strada (1978)? Every one I've seen so far looks like it's been used as a home for hungry rodents.Im tempted to try and make one myself because the base is half decent.By the way,I solved the leaky fork oil seal problem.I had put the seals in upside down........

Ventodue

Re: Strada seat

Postby Ventodue » Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 am

Hi Dave,

You might like to consider this:

http://www.lamaneta.org/mercadillo/vent ... num=131375

HTH

Craig

Dave L

Postby Dave L » Thu May 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks for the link.I have seen this seat and have contacted the seller before but even though it's in very good condition it is larger than a strada seat.I might have too buy it anyway and actually I do have a Forza without a seat as well.There is a very good auto jumble here next weekend so I will keep my fingers crossed......

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Thu May 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi Dave,
Craig's link looks like a standard Strada seat to me, so should fit OK.
Be aware that the seats from early Forzas will not directly fit onto a Strada.
The Stradas and late Forzas use the thinner seat with the two small cutaways above the rear shock absorber mounts, whereas the early Forza seats are thicker and do not have the cutaways.
The mounting points underneath the two seats are also in a slightly different place. preventing a direct swap between the two.
All these differences was due to the changes to the frame rails when the Strada was first produced in 1978.
The Forzas only got the later frames with the revised starter motor arrangement in 1980.

Jon

Dave L

Postby Dave L » Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 pm

I tried my Forza (1978) seat on the Strada and it won't fit properly, as you said.The seat in the link looks a lot thicker than the damaged one that was on the Strada when I bought it.

Dave L

Postby Dave L » Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm

I've contacted the seller and hopefully will have a seat shortly

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”