125 Sport engine internals, Italian vs Spanish

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

LexH

125 Sport engine internals, Italian vs Spanish

Postby LexH » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:31 pm

I have an Italian-built 1963 125 Sport in need of an engine rebuild.

I believe the 125 Sport was also built under licence by Mototrans in Spain. Does anyone know if the Spanish engine internals differ in any way to the Italian build? For example, if I sourced a connecting rod set from Spain, would it be different in any way to the Italian-made item?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Samurai

Re: 125 Sport engine internals, Italian vs Spanish

Postby Samurai » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Someone more knowledgeable than I will be along shortly with detailed info, but as far as I know there are some significant differences in certain aspects, although other parts are interchangeable.

I don't know about the conrods specifically, although if you contact Nigel Lacey, at Lacey Ducati in the UK

http://www.laceyducati.co.uk

he will certainly be able to advise you and probably be able to supply the appropriate parts.

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm

The Spanish 125 is one of the few Spanish Ducati singles that is almost an exact copy of it's Italian counterpart, as regards engine internals.
Almost all the engine parts are the same, just some chassis differences.
If you are after a crankshaft and rod assembly, the Spanish and Italian parts are interchangeable with the 160 from both countries.
The Spanish 160 has a different piston though.
Gearbox parts from a Spanish 125 or 160 or 175 will certainly fit an Italian 125 4-speed machine.

Jon

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:33 am

Recently, I located the spares catalogs for both the italian and spanish 125/175/200 models somewhere in the www. They are in very good quality, have obviously been re-edited. I can send them (pdf) if your email adress is available, i. e. sent by PN.

cheers Hans

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”