Looking for a set of triple trees

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

HMBAtrail

Looking for a set of triple trees

Postby HMBAtrail » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:47 pm

All, I'm in search of a set of triples for a race project I'm working on. I have a Ceriani GP35 fork paired with a Ceriani 4LS hub. The standard 170mm wide triples are not wide enough for the hub (the brake arm rods foul on the fork lowers. A 180mm (or even 190) would work quite well. Likely 60mm offset I imagine. Anyone know of what bike used 180mm but with an upper triple for clip ons? I have a 72 wide case Mototrans with 180mm c-t-c and flat top but I'm having a hell of a time tracking down another pair. What else would work? Are there other makes of bikes that would work?

double diamond

Re: Looking for a set of triple trees

Postby double diamond » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:50 pm

170mm are the road race type Ceriani clamps. Most off-road Ceriani clamps are 180mm as are Betor clamps from Can-Am dirt bikes and many Spanish models that use Betor forks. The Betor clamps are, if not exactly 60mm offset, then within a couple millimeters. Ceriani off-road 180mm clamps have many different offsets so buying individual clamps is a gamble. Better to buy matched sets. There are some Marzocchi 35mm clamps but these are difficult to come by. Could be a possibility if you come across a set. The Betors are probably your best bet. The Can-Am clamps will likely require machining the stem hole larger (depending upon the model the clamps came from) due to the odd steering head bearing arrangement.

Matt

HMBAtrail

Postby HMBAtrail » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Thanks for that. Is there a resource anywhere that lists triples by c-t-c, stem diameter and length, etc?

Or is there a list of triples that bolt up to a wide case?

Or, on the chance someone has a set of triples that fit the bill and they are looking to unload them? 180mm c-t-c, 35mm stanchions, flat top, 55-60mm offset.

Also, does anyone stock the tapered roller conversion anymore? No one seems to have in stock.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:38 pm

I have a pile of those clamps, Betor, Ceriani/Arces, and an unknown set- all 180mm between tubes and 60 and 62mm offset.
PM me if interested.
Rick

clamps.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”