GM Desmo Camshaft

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

double diamond

GM Desmo Camshaft

Postby double diamond » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:25 am

I have a 350 desmo head on the bench that I’m checking over. That cam is marked “GM”. GioCaMoto?

Matt

Ducadini

Re: GM Desmo Camshaft

Postby Ducadini » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 am

Giorgio's goods were marked GM but I never saw any cams for the singles .
Now it is possible to fit a bevel camshaft in a single head but that involves opening the gap where the support is (LH side) a few mm.
Easy to check.

ciao
ducadini

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:52 am

GM made Desmo single camshafts for sure . mine has GM and DR stamped on it

i would like to know where the DR stands for . Desmo Racing would be to obvious .

Eldert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Apparently, fitting this cam required opening up the cam bore in the head. Whomever did the machining went a little too far and had to weld up the hole for the head bolt.

This head also has a modification to the valve guide. A short guide, something like a Pantah arrangement is installed (I've removed the valve guide oil seal and the Pantah type closing spring in the pic). The underside of the forked closing rocker is relieved to clear the valve guide oil seal.

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”