restoring a 1970 mark 3 desmo 350

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Eldert

Re: restoring a 1970 mark 3 desmo 350

Postby Eldert » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:46 pm

its not that easy , lots of diff components where fitted at that time . chrome fenders others had stainless ( inox ) fenders . crome sidepanels on the tank . other where sprayed aluminum .

i have a friend who bought a 350 Mark 3 Desmo new . it had the curved Mach1 type kickstarter and brakepedal fitted . go figure .

the 7 rib rear drum is wrong for sure .

Eldert

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Craig(Ventodue) is very generous with his time and knowledge- when I was looking for a hard to find document he sent me a pdf- probably scanned it for me. Ducati made some changes on models sent to the USA vs the European standard- it's great to have someone on this forum to help the US members figure out what the factory thought they needed to change to suit the US market.
He even goes so far as to try to answer vague questions from people who don't have a name.
Rick

Ventodue

Postby Ventodue » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:04 pm

That's most kind of you, Rick. Much appreciated.

I wish you all the best for 2019.

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 pm

Ventodue wrote:Nice :o .

Sorry - I must have somehow misunderstood the plea in your first message, "Any help would be appreciated". I also point out that I gave you definite answers to two of your questions, answers that were based on period photos of new bikes taken at the time. But apparently such an ostensibly reliable source seems not to meet your expectations.

So please forgive me for having troubled you and enjoy your Christmas.

I was trying to find a way to say that without sounding like a dick - I suppose I failed. Ventodue, I appreciate your input and your help. :oops:

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Eldert wrote:its not that easy , lots of diff components where fitted at that time . chrome fenders others had stainless ( inox ) fenders . crome sidepanels on the tank . other where sprayed aluminum .

i have a friend who bought a 350 Mark 3 Desmo new . it had the curved Mach1 type kickstarter and brakepedal fitted . go figure .

the 7 rib rear drum is wrong for sure .

Eldert

Eldert, can you tell me what bikes had the 7 fin hubs? I have several.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”