Race shocks. What are you using?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

HMBAtrail

Race shocks. What are you using?

Postby HMBAtrail » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:43 pm

I need a recommendation on race shocks!

Wide case 350 race bike. I'm bouncing back and forth on what shocks to go with. The stated eye-to-eye measurement for the original shocks is 12" but the bike seems a bit too squat in the rear for my liking at that length. I have a Ceriani fork with the stanchions slid through the triples to give me 675mm from center of axle up to top of triple. I have a low rent set of shocks here in the shop that measure 13.25" eye to eye. With those shocks int that is giving me a 65* head angle (i.e. rake angle of 25*) and it is paired with 60mm offset triples.

Anyway, my question is about the shocks. Over at Dime City there are +/- 13" Progressives and Ohlins shocks but they are listed as set up for a Triumph 865. Which is a much heavier bike. Is the spring rate too heavy on these? I'm trying to not have to go down the path of $1000 custom shocks so if one of you racers has had good luck with Koni or Hagon or any other out of the box brand I'm all ears!

etsjw

Re: Race shocks. What are you using?

Postby etsjw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:14 pm

I have Falcons on my Mk3 250. Very nice quality with good damping and spring rate to match the bike plus rider weight..
Falcon also has good customer service and will question you about your application.
Two years ago the delivered price to the US was 340 pounds sterling.
They have worked really well for me in fast street riding and the occasional track day.
John

Kthomas

Postby Kthomas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:35 pm

ETSJW
What length are you using ? Standard length forks or ?
It looks as if the Falcon price has went up quite a bit .

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am

Koni D76F 1277 ~31cm length. These are the cataloged shock for Ducati singles. Work well on my 350 WC roadracer but I’m going to try 1250’s which are about 1cm longer for a little more ride height. I’m using Ceriani 35mm GP forks but don’t want to slide up in the clamps too much since I loose ground clearance; the bike is very low to the ground as is.

Matt

etsjw

Postby etsjw » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:54 pm

My Falcons are 12" eye to eye with 3" travel and 80 lb/in springs.
I too have 35mm Cerani GP forks. They are lowered in the top triple clamp about 3/4" (measured from bottom of fork nut to top of triple clamp).
John

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”