Regulator/rectifier 250 strada

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Dave L

Regulator/rectifier 250 strada

Postby Dave L » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm

The regulator/rectifier is dead on my 250 strada(and my 350!).can I fit a non original part?Is the only prob working out the wiring colours.Does anyone have one to sell me?cheers,Dave L

ducwiz

Re: Regulator/rectifier 250 strada

Postby ducwiz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:52 pm

AFAIK the 250 Strada (as well as the 350 Forza/Vento) have 12 Volt/2 phase systems, with 3 wires coming from the alternator. If so with your bikes, any 12V-2phase regulator-rectifier will fit, like those for the DUCATI parallel twins, early bevel twins, Pantah 500 etc. Also the Saprisa R-R used in various Moto Guzzi small and big block twins from the mid 80ies to the mid 90ies will do the job.
Btw, why not give us some more information about yourself, especially your home country? This would make it easy to give recommendations about spare part suppliers in your country.

cheers Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave L

Postby Dave L » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am

Hello Hans,I live (mostly)in Mallorca and use the internet for most spares shopping.I have found a few regulators on eBay and will buy one of those unless you have a better idea?cheers Dave

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm

You could always give Electrex World a try if you want a new RR. I'm in the process of fitting one of their complete bolt-on ignition system for my 175 TS narrow case, which includes a switchable 6v/12v rectifier.

I've bought ignition pick ups for one of my belt drive Dukes from them in the past and they were fine. The kit I've got for my narrowcase seems well made too.

Hope this helps:

https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-bin ... ml#SID=439

Cheers,

Jason.

ducwiz

Postby ducwiz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:16 am

Dave L wrote:Hello Hans,I live (mostly)in Mallorca and use the internet for most spares shopping.I have found a few regulators on eBay and will buy one of those unless you have a better idea?cheers Dave

Hello Dave,

thanks for telling us your location. Are you shure to have ordered the correct (12V) version of R-R? Would be nice if you can quote a link to the correspondent offer on ebay.
Btw, there is another Electrex R_R, available from Lacey Ducati/UK: http://www.laceyducati.com/ducati-parts/12-v-regulatorrectifier-also-6v-p-739.html.
You might also use a R-R for the Kawasaki KL250, i. e. used one from ebay. I did this successfully on a friend's bike. Or this here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NEW-LUCAS-RECTIFIER-REGULATOR-12V/173367420142?epid=22015651686&hash=item285d80e4ee:g:xcEAAOSwQQBbJPgy:rk:2:pf:0

Note: I again suppose your bikes have 12Volt alternators. If so you have to convert the charging system into a single phase type by leaving the red wire coming from the alternator unused, while having the batterie's +pole connected to the R-R's +output.

Many chinese R-Rs are offered on ebay for low prices. This Universal Single Phase Regulator/Rectifier 110W
single_phase_regulator_12volt.jpg
will do the job (again 12V single phase). If you choose one of these be sure to buy one with the wires colored strictly as depicted.

In Germany, a small company makes very robust R-Rs, sells them with 10y warranty:
jjv_regleranschluss.jpg
Bike Affairs Bredenbek
Juergen Jaeger-Volk
Heidberg 9
D-24796 Bredenbek
Fon +49 (0) 43 34 / 6 40
Fax +49 (0) 43 34 / 9 94
Mobile +49 (0) 1 72 / 98 66 993
Email: jaeger-volk@t-online.de

Question: how did you check that your old R-Rs are not working anymore? It is not very difficult to check them, as well as another one bought used or new.

Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave L

Postby Dave L » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:08 am

Hi Hans,I picked one up from " vehicle wiring products" which is a good supplier of all things electrical.The other two r/R s that I had were easy to test.They had melted connections!D

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”