Ducati fork assembly.

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

R-etro66

Ducati fork assembly.

Postby R-etro66 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello,newbie here,this is my first posting attempt,i have been looking at other topics for some time,now i look for advice.currently assembling a set
of Ducati forks from a box of components,these are from a Mach 1.reached the stage where the main suspension springs go in,and the lower yoke.
The lower yoke has the metal covers fitted,each with three slotted cheese head screws.My question is,what if anything sits on top of the spring,under the heads of the three screws?On examining the screws, there are no signs of any contact marks on the screw heads as one would expect due to the hardened
nature of the spring, which when assembled sit exactly on the screw heads.any thoughts much appreciated.

Jordan

Re: Ducati fork assembly.

Postby Jordan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am

There's detailed info on fork assembly in the workshop manual, freely available.
A quick browse didn't show any part on top of the springs, also not in parts list.

The manual link on Motoscrubs isn't working, but you could try https://www.ducatimeccanica.com/
or Bevel Heaven.

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 pm

There is no spring seat on top of the fork spring. On high mileage forks, the shroud screws will show signs of contact with the spring but often the screws are unscathed.

Matt

DBDBrian

Postby DBDBrian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

I've never seen any spring seats in the forks I've stripped. Considering how well the forks were manufactured for the period, it does seem strange the springs set on the screw heads.
I made some nylon seats, as I felt it would be a better arrangement.

Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian
Made in England

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Brian's such a perfectionist. :)

Well done.

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”