Tom Bailey Singles Masterbook

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Bevel bob

Tom Bailey Singles Masterbook

Postby Bevel bob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 pm

I am looking for a copy of this book, From somewhere in europe , Anyone got a copy to sell?.

Buster

Re: Tom Bailey Singles Masterbook

Postby Buster » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi Bevel Bob,
I bought the book from Tom and decided it was worth a little extra delivery cost to ship a few over to UK.
I haven't got round to advertising them so if you want a copy.
I have 3 copies new of the singles master book and 3 of the Buyers Guide.
£35 + post £5 each.
call me 07885 620404 if interested
Phil.

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm

OK Phil, I'll have one. will be in touch.

ranton_rambler

Postby ranton_rambler » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 am

I've not heard of this book before - what does it contain?
Ian

Bevel bob

Postby Bevel bob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:45 am

Hi Ian, Toms books are a good read with content hard won from years of working on customers bikes and building his own. Its an American scene that he covers which makes it interesting but not always completely accurate to the european market. His enthusiasm for the bikes shines through.

flynbulldog

Postby flynbulldog » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Bevel bob wrote:Hi Ian, Toms books are a good read with content hard won from years of working on customers bikes and building his own. Its an American scene that he covers which makes it interesting but not always completely accurate to the european market. His enthusiasm for the bikes shines through.

I agree with this and I would add that The author is quite opinionated about the bikes he likes and which ones he doesnt care for, its hardly an objective treatise. But it is full of very good information and some comical shade-tree tech-tips

Adam

Postby Adam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:50 am

I'm seeing photos contained in this book that look very familiar to the ones found in the Factory Workshop Manual by Ducati Meccanica. Are the the same? What would be the benefit of having both? Or are you referring to his First Person Buyers Guide.
Thanks
Adam

double diamond

Postby double diamond » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Adam, it sounds like you’re referring to the masterbook/workshop manual. The factory manual being un-copyrighted material, Tom Bailey has issued a reprint in the masterbook. Probably 90% of the publication is the factory manual, wiring diagrams, specifications, a KLG spark plug cross reference, special tools and a few Berliner technical bulletins. It includes narrowcase and widecase information Also, several pages of advice by Tom on cleaning, painting, improvised tools, crankshaft end play, front/rear damper disassembly/assembly, etc. Unless you would benefit from these subjects Tom has singled out, there isn’t any significant advantage to owning the book if you already have the factory service manual.

Matt

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”