Help any useful information wanted on my 350

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

Gil

Help any useful information wanted on my 350

Postby Gil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:06 am

Hi I am new to this forum and last year I bought my first Ducati 350 forza in Spain and had it shipped over to the UK, had it imported through customs so it's legally in the UK I just have to get it roadworthy and MOT'ed to get it registered. It's I think a 1977 forza, engine number DM 4306## and chassis number MD 4306## (numbers are not matching) so any information I can get would be very helpful. I do not have a 17 digit VIN number as all the paperwork I have lists the chassis number as the vehicle identification number. Any information would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry I am unable to post pictures at the moment)

Gil
43363911_286743441928268_581774004805697536_n.jpg
img]

hope i've done this right as it should be a photo of when I started working on the 350
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jon Pegler

Re: Help any useful information wanted on my 350

Postby Jon Pegler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 am

Your Forza would seem to be a 1977 model from the numbers that you give.
The engine and frame numbers on Forzas do not match.

To get your bike registered at the DVLA, with an age-related registration number, you will need a dating certificate that can be obtained from the Ducati Owners Club GB.
If it is confirmed as a 1977 model, you will not need an MOT if you complete DVLA form V112, which is a downloadable form.
You do not need a 17 digit VIN number, just apply for the registration on form V55/5 (not downloadable) using the frame number - MD 4306--
You will also need proof of identity, proof of residence (utility bill) and a valid insurance document as well as the £55 registration fee. I presume that you have a NOVA form from HMRC as you state that the bike was imported through customs. If not, you will need a NOVA number.
DVLA may ask for the bike to be inspected by their contractor SGS, but they will inform you if they require this.

Best of luck with your Forza, a much underrated Ducati single.

Jon

Gil

Postby Gil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Thank you Jon, yes I do have a NOVA number and I was led to believe that I needed to MOT it on the frame number to get it registered. Thanks again for that helpful information I will post more photos once I get the hang of it.

Gil

Jon Pegler

Postby Jon Pegler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 pm

An Mot was required until recently, but the regulations regarding vehicle registrations have changed.
Any vehicle over 40 years old will be classed as a 'Historic vehicle' and will not require an MOT.
DVLA form V112 is the exemption from MOT form, for which it is necessary to tick box R, declaring that the vehicle is over 40 years old.
I registered a 1971 Ducati recently and used this form without needing an MOT.
You will need to insure the bike using the frame number initially, and subsequently inform your insurer of the registration number allocated to you by the DVLA. Failure to do so could result in the possibility of a fine.

Jon

Gil

Postby Gil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Jon

I am trying to fill in the V55/5 form now I have the dating certificate and I'm not sure what the Certificate of Conformity or IVA/MSVA Certificate are, can you help sorry I have not registered an imported motorcycle before.

Gil

Gil

Postby Gil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:38 pm

The joys of YouTube I now have it sorted.

Gil

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”