BRAKES

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

DBDBrian

BRAKES

Postby DBDBrian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:46 pm

1959 200 SS rebuild (brakes).
I presume they were manufactured by Grimeca ? I have various drums, plates and shoes at my disposal, the question being, what is the correct length of the lining.
Some of the shoes have linings on the greater part of there surface / length, one set of front and rear shoes have very short linings, which terminate each end, at what would appear to be datum points on the outer edge of the shoe. I have had a front and rear set of shoes fitted with oversize linings, which I intend too machine to the correct radius, but I am undecided about the length.
Has anyone any information, or been down this road.
Thanks
Brian
Brian
Made in England

Bevel bob

Re: BRAKES

Postby Bevel bob » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:48 am

Hi Brian, My NC 67 250 linings are full length and are probably AM4 racing ,they are not much good in traffic as they only grip when well heated up. I thought they were just poor linings till I first rode the bike at racing speeds on track and woke them up. File a good bevel on the leading edge to avoid grabbing and regularly check which shoe is the thicker (with a mike/caliper) and fit to the leading position.I also fit a shim made from a feeler gauge between the fork stop and brake plate to twist the plate back into good alignment.

DBDBrian

Re: BRAKES

Postby DBDBrian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks Bob, the linings I've had fitted are for road use, I think I will leave them a little longer than what I presume to be datum points cast into the edge of the shoe, and then see what transpires when the bike is up and running. I have also took a light skim off the mounting faces, to ensure things line up.
Brian
Brian
Made in England

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”