Conrod kits ?

Ducati single cylinder motorcycle questions and discussions, all models. Ducati single cylinder motorcycle-related content only! Email subscription available.
Moderator: Morpheus

Moderator: ajleone

ranton_rambler

Re: Conrod kits ?

Postby ranton_rambler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 pm

The only special tools I've needed are valve spring compressor, clutch holding tool, exhaust nut spanner and timing gear locking tool. Everything else I have managed with stuff that I already had, or borrowed. Depends what you already have I suppose. I can recommend photographs of every stage, good notes and try and keep all the sub-assemblies together. I used zip-lock bags.
Ian

Scottish888

Postby Scottish888 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Thanks,

Will see how I get on when I get to the job.

Regards

graeme

Postby graeme » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Flywheel puller is a helpful tool
Available on line at a reasonable cost

Graeme

thebossdj

Postby thebossdj » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:26 am

Back to the topic of Conrods.

Just putting this out there.. Nigel would you consider putting out to the forum to see how many folks could use a rod/pin/bearing assembly (keeping the stock size so no machining is need) Then if there was enough demand getting larger batch made up plus a few for you and your store/customers needs. Just an idea as I have a few machines and if the prices were really good would buy a few just to have for future needs.

Cheers and bevel gears

B

LaceyDucati

Postby LaceyDucati » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi
I will be making enquiries to try to find someone to manufacture kits as straight fit replacements. It will be a numbers game and I suspect the numbers will need to be large to balance an affordable selling price and a return on the investment. When and whether it will viable for me, time will tell. Although pre orders, can sometimes help with batches, I suspect in this case the value may be limited, but thanks for the thought and I will bear it in mind. If anything significant happens I will keep the forum posted.

Regards Nigel

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:27 am

found this on a Swedish website . btw i bought 1of those Samarin Yamaha rods . bearing was the same as the B type Ducati rod . bought 2 32/35/32 bigendpins on Ebay.com . let you guys know how this works out . so far i have less then 250 euro invested in this complete rodset . have to made a bushing for the small end but i can do that myself .

Eldert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LaceyDucati

Postby LaceyDucati » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 pm

Eldert,
How wide is the Samarin rod as it passes through the wheels, it looks narrower than the genuine Yamaha rod.
Nigel

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:41 pm

hi Nigel

the picture of the rod is not the actual rod and the seller is on vacation for 3 weeks so i cant answer your question till about 3,5 weeks . sorry about that

didnt you have a small vacation to ?

Regards Eldert

LaceyDucati

Postby LaceyDucati » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Eldert

Didn't look close enough at the pic! The Husqvarna 510 rod is 110mm centres, shame ...

Okay no hurry, just curious :-)

Yes having a few days off, working on the house, pulling the old heating system out and starting on the new one, no vacation!

Regards Nigel

Eldert

Postby Eldert » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:09 am

Nigel

according the the written text that was by the Husqvarna rod the c.t.c. distance was 127 mm

Eldert

Return to “Ducati Singles Main Discussions (& How to Join)”